• Status
    Not open for further replies.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Figured it'd be a good idea to be able to identify myself as a "good guy" in the event of a gunfight, so I added this to my EDC line-up...
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 401

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    That's true but impersonating a LEO is illegal and I wonder is wearing a big police badge with some tiny lettering that says I am not a cop rises to the level of impersonation. Perhaps not but I would not want to test the waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    OK, so take this as its meant-not to be an attack or insult.

Unless its meant as a joke and never take outside of a party or something, this is a bad idea.

1. As above-someone might argue you're committing a crime.
    2. If you have an incident and pull that out it could later be used against you, that your mental state is such of a wannabe cop.
    3. Again, see my first statement, but if you're not pulling our legs than dude, fashion faux pas!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    OK, so take this as its meant-not to be an attack or insult.

Unless its meant as a joke and never take outside of a party or something, this is a bad idea.

1. As above-someone might argue you're committing a crime.
    2. If you have an incident and pull that out it could later be used against you, that your mental state is such of a wannabe cop.
    3. Again, see my first statement, but if you're not pulling our legs than dude, fashion faux pas!

As big as day, the badge says CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT....how is that to be construed as "wannabe cop."

Why is it a fashion faux pas...do you prefer a different style of badge than the star type?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    As big as day, the badge says CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT....how is that to be construed as "wannabe cop."

The prosecutor will explain it to the jury when the badge is submitted into evidence, along with your pistol, for jury review. But in essence. Cops have badges. You had a defacto home made badge. Then you blasted X. If you wanted to be a cop-clearly represented by your cop wannabe badge, you should have tried out for the PoPo and not blasted X when X was just trying to borrow money to get back home. After all he was such a good boy, as his mom can attest, despite warrants being out for his arrest.

Again I am not trying to attack you (ok, maybe attacking your Glock, come on...real men carry blunderbusses and sword canes, like me!) but trying to offer a blunt other perspective on how that will be scene.

The PoPo investigating may also take a "wannabe cop" or "vigilante" bent to their investigation.

Would be awesome at a party though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom