Chipotle: Don't Bring Guns Into Our Stores!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    And on a related note. DO NOT show up looking like that Fat Slob And his gnome retard side kick. If you want to present a Positive image, dress for success. Being 6'5" and 270# I am fully qualified to judge fat.

Yep. One of my rules for OC is look professional and be respectful. Don't draw attention to yourself.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Doesnt look like brandishing to me.

I believe the point of groups like these to stop the de-normalization of guns that is taking place.

If the firearm is in your hand in a firing position, It's brandishing. Handguns need be holstered and long guns need be slung or carried by the handguard.

I'd have my hand on my sidearm, ready to draw and fire if I saw this in public. So would any police officer. You can't walk around holding a handgun like that in OC states. Why do you think it's acceptable for long guns?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No such charge.

Disorderly conduct if it can be shown you displayed in a manner caclulated to alarm, as that requires proving intent/motive it is hard to prove.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    And on a related note. DO NOT show up looking like that Fat Slob And his gnome retard side kick. If you want to present a Positive image, dress for success. Being 6'5" and 270# I am fully qualified to judge fat.

As a semi-gnome, I concur.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    That's because some have trouble forming independent thoughts of their own.

Also to the idiots in the pics....

Act like you been there son! Look like a bunch of idiot kids showing off.

+1
    The point should be, "it ain't no big deal".

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    Personally, though, even though I posted the pic and link of the two retards in question, I have no problem with people open carrying. What I do have a problem with is how Alfonso Delcampo (the midget) is holding his SKS that appears to be nearly half his height. I OC quite a bit here in WA during the warm time of the year since it's pretty difficult for me to conceal a compact Glock G27 in an IWB holster on my 6'6", 195lbs frame. It looks like some kind of tumor on my right hip, which doesn't leave much to the imagination about what's underneath. Hell, I OC all the time when I'm out washing my car at the local car wash. It's a massive deterrent for meth heads and other tweakers who are looking for people to bug about needing "bus money." I've also OC'd at quite a number of places where lots of children were present. There wasn't a single peep said to me. I still go to those places on a somewhat regular basis. IMO, it's all about how you present yourself.

There was also a time about 10 months ago while I was polishing my chrome rims when I was approached by a meth head who was yelling at the imaginary people around him. It's not a common thing when I have to look up at somebody. He was around 7' tall. The other thing I noticed is that he was definitely built like a brick shit house before his addiction took control of his life. His muscular body was withering away, but it was still visible. He asked if I had any money for "the bus." I told him that I don't carry cash. That usually gets them to **** off. He looked at me, my car, back at me, then my car, and then communicated that he was going to "take my fucking money from me." He started approaching me, looking quite angry. He said this in front of a few people who were watching. Yes, I feared for my life since he was obviously high as a kite and much, much bigger than I. That's when I quickly took a few steps back, reached down to my right side, pulled the hammer back on my 1911, and was in the process of unholstering it. He looked down, saw what my hands were on, he stopped in an instant, and took off running. That's the only time I've ever had to do that. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I know, without a doubt, that if I hadn't been armed on that day, I'd have been put in the hospital and/or sent to another lifetime.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    No such charge.

Disorderly conduct if it can be shown you displayed in a manner caclulated to alarm, as that requires proving intent/motive it is hard to prove.

Try to explain myself on the brandishing comment-
    :deadhorse: Warning

As y'all know, I'm for OC as long as you follow the "rules"

The idiots in the photos are bad representations of gun owners for the following reasons:
    1. In some states (like VA) they are brandishing and breaking the law. In breaking the law, they are asking to get shot. Law-abiding gun owners don't break the law or ask for fire.
    2. In states without brandishing laws (like TX) they are misrepresenting gun owners [badly] by carrying irresponsibly. Also, if they make one wrong move, like shoulder the firearm and muzzle sweep somebody, they might qualify for disorderly conduct, and thus could ask to be shot. Law-abiding gun owners don't disorderly conduct themselves or ask for fire.

/explanation
    /rant
    /DH
    /OT

I'm done in this thread. I'll let you Texans sort out the rest :)

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    As with anything there is a time and place for wverything. The OC marches I believe are largely positive but dragging private businesses into your cause is not going to be a winning aituation. If these OC advocates would focus their energy on the legislative process instead of scaring people in stores OC might have a better chance of passing. Hell if theyd just leave the damn rifles slung instead of showing them off for facebook pics things would be better. Put private businesses in a losing situation theyre going to do their best to recover perceived lost business.

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    You don't carry condition 1? :facepalm:

I have never heard of "condition 1." I don't know what you mean by that. I de-cock (maybe wrong terminology, but whatever) it once there is a round chambered. It's my own personal preference. Deal with it. The hammer went back before it was unholstered. It doesn't take all that damn long to do.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have never heard of "condition 1." I don't know what you mean by that. I de-cock (maybe wrong terminology, but whatever) it once there is a round chambered. It's my own personal preference. Deal with it. The hammer went back before it was unholstered. It doesn't take all that damn long to do.
    Condition 1 means round in the chamber, hammer cocked, saftey on. You know... ready to go.
    Oh, I'm gonna deal with it all right :roflfunny:

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Hammer down on a live round is the most unsafe practice with a 1911 in the book.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston

You should really get some proper training in your chosen weapon system before you hurt yourself or others.

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    I don't carry the 1911 much. It feels too clunky on my right hip while driving in my car. The Glock fits just right. If I were left-handed, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

But whatevs, note taken. Thanks for the enlightenment.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    In my mind it boils down to this,
    1. I don't live in a war zone.
    2. I don't think the gubbermint is going to do something tomorrow that would require my toting around anything open.
    3. I don't trust anyone.

So I'm annoyed by these open Cary people. That get them kicked out of places like chipotle. Although that doesn't count as notification here I am sure it does in many other states.

Second, I don't know why people think Starbuck's original position on guns was so favorable. He went as close to no without actually saying it, as he could, and people here are characterizing is as friendly.

I do think that open carry will go a long way to normalization, so I support it on a fundamental level.

Lastly, I can't shake the feeling that people are doing this purely for notoriety or affirmation. And that is the wrong reason to do anything...

Ps the reason carrying a 1911 with the hammer down and a round in the chamber is dangerous is because it essentially becomes a trigger without a trigger guard.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    In my mind it boils down to this,
    1. I don't live in a war zone.
    2. I don't think the grubber mint is going to do something tomorrow that would require my toting around anything open.
    3. I don't trust anyone.

Yup

So I'm annoyed by these open Cary people. That get them kicked out of places like chipotle. Although that doesn't count as notification here I am sure it does in many other states.

Yup. It's annoying.

Second, I don't know why people think Starbuck's original position on guns was so favorable. He went as close to no without actually saying it, as he could, and people here are characterizing is as friendly.

I hope your reference of "He" is not pointing to me because if it is you missed my entire point.

Starbucks was never "gun friendly". Starbucks was gun neutral and happy to be so until the OC idiots decided to force their hand by doing what OC idiots do. "Educating the public hurr hurr".

I do think that open carry will go a long way to normalization, so I support it on a fundamental level.

We're just going have to agree to disagree.

Lastly, I can't shake the feeling that people are doing this purely for notoriety or affirmation. And that is the wrong reason to do anything...

Exactly. See, we can agree on things.

Ps the reason carrying a 1911 with the hammer down and a round in the chamber is dangerous is because it essentially becomes a trigger without a trigger guard.

Now that's just retarded.

Top Bottom