• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Could you take apart the band saw apart one handed so you didn't have to set the the hose you were cleaning with?

I stared out using a power sprayer & Clorox bleach. The power sprayer would blow seals if you didn't shut them down completely between spraying the waiting on customers.

I seen so many stupid cleaning systems that either didn't work right or they always ran out of degreaser and sanitizer. Or the lazy guys who didn't rinse the degreaser and all the meat that touched the block would be ruined.

A couple of store after getting remodel they found the contractors had dumped tile grout and other crap no one would dump in the floor drain down them.

Worked in a lot of filthy shit holes too. Towards the end when the bone cans were not getting picked up on a regular basis to save money. What a sad nasty joke.
    I was pretty careful working around the equipment so I never did anything one handed because I wanted to keep all my digits and body parts. The store I worked at was owned by a local family for 80 years before Kroger bought them out. They were prided on their meat dept. so it may have been a bit nicer than standard Kroger digs. I had a hose that reached the entire shop that was attached to all the containers of detergents/sanitizers etc. I came in after the butcher shop was closed so besides helping a few old ladies find a specific item I didn't have to deal with customers while I was cleaning.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    It won the Greatest Chili in the World Award in Cypress Texas (awarded by myself as I couldn’t get any participants that day).
    If there were no participants . . . :confused: :laughing:

And on a slight thread tangent, what is the best motor oil?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Same dickless Nu Yawkers who will order extra moist brisket and instruct the cutter to “trim the fat off”.

This happened at Southside BBQ in Bastrop. There were 5 or six other yankee dickweeds in front of me in line. I walked out without ordering.
    Never in my life have I ordered anything but wet pastrami or corned beef at a Jewish deli in NY (or anywhere elkse where I can find an authentic Jewish deli) and being wet certainly does not have anything to do with trimming off the fat but instead assuring it is from a fatty cut. Calling any meat "extra moist" must be a bit of weird Texas jargon but it certainly is not a NY thing and the term definitely does not apply to brisket. Those guys must have been from Boston or Philly.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    lol - I always make the argument that trail cooks for the cowboys had to pack food that would keep and didn't take a lot of room.
    Dried peppers and beans make that cut. The owners also frowned on using their cows for pots of stew and whatnot.
    Now the occasional lame or otherwise doomed cow could of course be consumed but for the most part unless they shot a game animal I'm betting their chili had beans and not much else.
    I do in fact cook my chili with black or pinto beans. If I don't, then it's called Chili Colorado and that's good as well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    lol - I always make the argument that trail cooks for the cowboys had to pack food that would keep and didn't take a lot of room.
    Dried peppers and beans make that cut. The owners also frowned on using their cows for pots of stew and whatnot.
    Now the occasional lame or otherwise doomed cow could of course be consumed but for the most part unless they shot a game animal I'm betting their chili had beans and not much else.
    I do in fact cook my chili with black or pinto beans. If I don't, then it's called Chili Colorado and that's good as well.
    A lot of people assume that a lot of cowboys ate a lot of beef on a cattle drive, but the fact is they actually ate very little beef.Chilion trail drive was using various peppers and spices to make whatever meat they could find edible.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Nope chili does not have beans, nor onions, nor cheese...however I do sometimes add extra Hatch peppers onions and/or cheese and yes even beans to my chili....don't like it ? Place the extras on the sideboard and let guests roll their own!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I take my basic hot sauce recipe fire roasting abunch of tomatoes & pepper, garlic, cilantro, cumin seeds onions adding reconstitued dried chilies & pour that over the growned meat that has beef base & flour added to it. If I have tomate paste I'll add it, sauce or even V8. I add beeans most of the time & sometimes combinations of beans.

I cook it that way because it goes alot farther. I have gone so far as to dump refried beans in my chili for those I don't eat chili with beans. Those are the MOFO that STFU after the asked how it's made. I cannot eat supper spicy food so I make it for me & the wife.

You want to mess with a vegan or vegtardarian? make your chili minus the beans. Take that chili & throw it in a blender on puree. Ten add beans to that. To really phuc with them cilantro & white onions on top with some lime wedges & a few whole jalapeño just for them to see. If your chili has orange grease floating it was the olive oil to sweat the onions & peppers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I take my basic hot sauce recipe fire roasting abunch of tomatoes & pepper, garlic, cilantro, cumin seeds onions adding reconstitued dried chilies & pour that over the growned meat that has beef base & flour added to it. If I have tomate paste I'll add it, sauce or even V8. I add beeans most of the time & sometimes combinations of beans.

I cook it that way because it goes alot farther. I have gone so far as to dump refried beans in my chili for those I don't eat chili with beans. Those are the MOFO that STFU after the asked how it's made. I cannot eat supper spicy food so I make it for me & the wife.

You want to mess with a vegan or vegtardarian? make your chili minus the beans. Take that chili & throw it in a blender on puree. Ten add beans to that. To really phuc with them cilantro & white onions on top with some lime wedges & a few whole jalapeño just for them to see. If your chili has orange grease floating it was the olive oil to sweat the onions & peppers.
    Imade chili last year for everyone and no one complained!

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Anyone ever wonder why the markets do not stock refried beans next to all the other types of beans. Pisses me the fvk off having to look for them.
    On the topic note, I tend to like Chili with beans but then I also like Lima beans and water chestnuts.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My Granny use to make the best butter beans ever.I think she used the white lims beans.
    Butter beans are a Lima beans. There is also the white Canellini Beans that are white kidney beans. These are great on salads or with tuna & tomatoes.
    0dfe93fb-4422-447d-b225-f89e24836878_2.bd187ee979966307951679673959cf88-2171651492.jpeg

Top Bottom