• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    So we went to South Texas hunting for the week after Christmas and before New Year's and got us some deer meat. First morning out I killed this oddball:

IMG_1074.jpg

He was an old fella with a huge body on him. He's gonna provide for my family nicely, but check out his crazy rack.

IMG_1076.jpg

Pretty normal on the one side with a drop tine (or kicker depending on how you refer to it) but merely a wide main beam with a fork on the other. His brow tine on the odd side also does an almost perfect 90 degree turn towards his rear.

Then he has these two other broken off points (likely both drops) one in front of his ear and one in back (when the ear is straight out). Pretty crazy, check out the pic:

IMG_1079.jpg

Those two other points are actually measurable at over an inch so they make me think he should be counted as a ten but I still call him an eight. Well I usually just call him my oddball or freak. What say you?

Oh yeah, here's a pic of my wife with the kids and her doe. My son is rather excited that mama got him a dear.

IMG_1103.jpg

I don't have the pics of the other deer we took while down there but we had a good time and were successful in filling our family's freezers. Thank God we have access to this great resource for feeding our families.
    Target Sports

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    heheh nice one man.....look at the cheeks on that baby! haha my daughter had some like that too. every picture my dog fred takes he has his tongue hanging out like that

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    heheh nice one man.....look at the cheeks on that baby! haha my daughter had some like that too. every picture my dog fred takes he has his tongue hanging out like that

Yeah, my daughter is seriously a chunk. My son was taught by a good buddy of mine to stick his tongue out everytime his mother picked up the camera when he was about 18mos or so. I think she's still mad about that even though he's outgrown it at this point.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Good job on your hunt and getting that ugly mutant out of the gene pool. Deer like that are cool from a hunters standpoint, but from a land management POV you want those gone. Congrats.

Top Bottom