Capitol Armory ad

Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! New Store in Austin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    CTD can F-OFF. Gouging A-holes. I would not piss on their building if it was on fire.

I actually had an order pending with them when the SHTF and they starting gouging. They "cancelled" my order but the items were showing "in-stock" though 3X the price I had paid. I called them, questioned them on their BS the rep started back-pedaling as they had no legit reason to cancel on me since it was in stock and they could verify it was in stock.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    CTD selling .380 FMJ ammo "perfect for self defense" for $59.99. That is what did it for me. I took my name off the mailing list immediately.

CTD store at La Frontera? Funny, two minutes from my house. I will probably go in and give them my $.02 worth. The gouging prices at Gander Mountain are bad enough. I miss Sportsman's Warehouse. At least they had reloading supplies (most of the time)

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    LOL, you have to remember, it is not gouging if someone will pay it.. it is capitalism... But I won't shop at CTD either because the other part of capitalism is the consumer having some power to show the companies that they don't need their stuff..

ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Outside of Ammo gouging, isn't CTD pretty reasonable on other stuff? I've ordered from them online a couple of times in the past but only because they had the best price... That said, they have put it to the consumer on ammo. Concerning MB, I haven't had any trouble being ignored there, but my oh my the prices are full retail+. I won't go back there unless there's something I must have that no-one else does. Same for CTD, now, I guess given this thread.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    LOL, you have to remember, it is not gouging if someone will pay it.. it is capitalism... But I won't shop at CTD either because the other part of capitalism is the consumer having some power to show the companies that they don't need their stuff..

it IS gouging but people do choose to be gouged when they buy. As I recall, state attorney generals are far to happy to press charges against buisness like gas stations who charge a premium for commodities like gasoline, ice, plywood, water in a natural or a man-made disaster. I'm not saying this is a solution, I'm just saying it IS price gouging to sell items at a 1000% margin that used to have a 5% ~ 30% margin. I don't want to threadjack this topic as we've beat this whole gouging topic to death. Bottom line is CTD can suck on rotten eggs and so can people who spend money with them knowingly.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    CTD selling .380 FMJ ammo "perfect for self defense" for $59.99. That is what did it for me. I took my name off the mailing list immediately.

CTD store at La Frontera? Funny, two minutes from my house. I will probably go in and give them my $.02 worth. The gouging prices at Gander Mountain are bad enough. I miss Sportsman's Warehouse. At least they had reloading supplies (most of the time)

Do we know this is the location? Just went by that center this morning...actually stopped at Gander...which is essentially at the same interchange, just the northwest corner vs the southeast for Gander.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I got a new catalog in the mail today...darn thing jumped out of my hands and right into the trash......

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm still surprised so many were upset about their wildly high prices.

Everyone wants to scream about the free market, well they were out there in the free market charging what the market would allow.

I haven't bought anything from them in probably 2-3 years, but i don't rail against them.

Now if they aren't on board politically or if they have deceptive practices I can dislike them for that.

If they want to sell a box of 9mm for $100, that's the free market right?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If they want to sell a box of 9mm for $100, that's the free market right?
    Yep, and it's also part of the free market to lambaste someone for stupid prices. Also don't forget that they were canceling people's orders and then telling them to re-order at the "new" price. That goes beyond simple exorbitant prices.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yep, and it's also part of the free market to lambaste someone for stupid prices. Also don't forget that they were canceling people's orders and then telling them to re-order at the "new" price. That goes beyond simple exorbitant prices.

Agree the near bait and switch is wrong. If their system couldn't keep up with changes they needed to fix that on their end.

Like I said I dont buy from them. They were practicing a different business model than many with their high prices but actually had inventory in stock.

I wonder why they dont try and make amends with the gun community? Like do a whole bunch of free give aways or sales of advertise guaranteed prices.

Top Bottom