• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Don't forget that CTD actually publicly announced that they would no longer ANY GUNS, after sandy hook.

CTD joined the libtard movement, blaming the tragic incident on the rifle, and not the act of a deranged individual.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ewtown-shooting-as-reason-for-stopping-sales/

They gouged after Obama's election in November 2009 (people don't seem to reference this), they gouged after Sandy Hook December 2012.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    The fort worth store just moved and renamed. Not closed

I'm pretty sure they did not fool many by the name change. They have a really nice store, but few customers that were bummed in the "big gouge". I'll never forget seeing a bucket of Rem .22s at $250 in their Ft. Worth store and the same day finding the same bucket at a sports store for $79.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    A loss of competition is never a good thing for the consumer.

They were not competitive. There only added value was small parts you had to have right now. That ended when Runner Runner opened up.

Even a week before they shut down, they were lying to me about it.

Good Riddance.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    CTD was really good about 5 years ago. My parents and I bought a lot of things from them over the years. That ended a few years ago.

Sportsman's Guide has really gone downhill in the last few years as well.

Last edited:

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Glad to see they finally shot themselves in the foot. I have no sympothy for a company that helped fuel the panic for their own self interest.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Just a little personal history.

Back at the Y2K deal they cleaned up selling survival gear. I mean really cleaned up. That's back when I had my printing business about 2 miles from their location at 820 and 35W. To give you an idea how many shipments they were doing, we were printing their "Return Merchandise" sheet (among other things) which went into every shipment. As I recall we averaged around 25,000 per week for about 6 months.

Back then their retail store was the go to place for guns, ammo and everything shooting. But they got greedy. So goes the story.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    its cool to see that all you folks are happy that several people lost there jobs.

How did you come to derive "all you folks" are happy about that? You know what, people lose jobs because businesses screw up. Whether it be from the employees, management, or both. That's life and what happens when you work for a company that doesn't deserve to be in business with the crap they pulled over the last 6 years or so.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I see this as a small victory. One down, a couple more to go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435186095.866430.jpg

Dick's is reporting that their sales remain "soft" (executive speak for suckin' hind tit).

Next: Sportsman's Guide (Personal)

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I see this as a small victory. One down, a couple more to go.

View attachment 34922

Dick's is reporting that their sales remain "soft" (executive speak for suckin' hind tit).

Next: Sportsman's Guide (Personal)

I'm with ya.
    I'll drive 30 miles farther down the road to pass on setting foot in a Dick's store.
    Sportsman Guide will NEVER see a dime from me again.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    Swung by Cheaper than Dirt/Ft. Worth Gun yesterday. Three employees and eight customers. Biding my time waiting for assistance a salesman came up behind me and asked me get out of his way. Not I'll be with you ASAP or even in a polite way. So I did exactly what he requested and left. One less obstacle for him.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Just a little personal history.

Back at the Y2K deal they cleaned up selling survival gear. I mean really cleaned up. That's back when I had my printing business about 2 miles from their location at 820 and 35W. To give you an idea how many shipments they were doing, we were printing their "Return Merchandise" sheet (among other things) which went into every shipment. As I recall we averaged around 25,000 per week for about 6 months.

Back then their retail store was the go to place for guns, ammo and everything shooting. But they got greedy. So goes the story.

I remember going there as a kid when they were still basically a surplus store, saving every penny for stuff like camo tarps, machetes those l shaped flashlights with different color lenses and such. It's really too bad they got crazy. I really enjoyed that place looking for treasure in the eyes of a 10 year old.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Rumor is the Round Rock store is going byebye soon...basically the same crap that happened in the mckinney store.

Last edited:

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Wow, really? Didn't they just open up that store a couple of months ago?

i broke my personal vow never to spend a dime in that store and took advantage of the 20% off sales on EVERYTHING and picked up a glock19 with a gemtech threaded barrel. $475 OTD.

Top Bottom