• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Never been a big fan of the place, and it's had "issues" over the past few years; but it sounds like A Place To Shoot might be undergoing a transformation and worth checking out!

A Place to Shoot aiming to be number one S.A. gun range

By Miranda Koerner, Contributing Writer
    Published 2:33 pm, Monday, June 24, 2013

The old A Place to Shoot shooting range, 13250 Pleasanton Road, has undergone a transformation under new owner Brock Wilkerson and manager Kyle Odom.

Odom said, along with focusing on better customer service, A Place to Shoot also focuses on teaching safety. Range monitors observe shooters and are quick to instruct or assist inexperienced shooters or those creating a dangerous situation.

“I was a customer before I worked here, and I swore I'd never come again,” Odom said. “The customer service was horrible. It's hard to find a gun shop where there's not a jerk running the counter. If you walk in now, you see a smiling face.”

(Full article at title link)

Anyone been lately and can attest/contradict the claims in this article?

Cheers! M2

Angeleyes

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I went there a few times since it has re opened it rifle range. I was greeted by an old man the first time he told me if i been there recently and told me what changes had been done to the range. He lurked around me seeing how i was doing and pulled up next to me to check out my target. He complemented me on my shooting then went on helping other people who arrived. On more congested days there are at least 4 range masters at the handgun and rifle rangers helping out people making sure they doesn't hurt themselves or someone else.

TxAgZ28

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Definitely a larger presence of their employees on the ranges walking around and keeping an eye on things. Before the new owner took over there was rarely ever anyone present acting as safety. Their storefront is a lot more stocked as well with holsters, tools, targets, etc. Haven't looked at anything specific but it's more full in the lobby area. Gun prices are standard LGS prices.

Top Bottom