• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I recently had my Glock 19 and 10/22 receiver cerakoted by a fellow Texas Gun Talk member, jcrntx. I am very impressed with his work.

The cerakote is a fantastic finish. I actually put together my 10/22, and then took it back down to Froglube it. On taking it down, I was using a screwdriver as a punch to knock out the pins holding the trigger housing in the receiver. I missed and hit the screwdriver into the receiver. It received absolutely no scratches; talk about a tough finish.

I'm currently putting Froglube on it right now, and I have to say that the cerakote does some weird things with the lube. I heated the receiver up and then put on some paste as Froglube recommended. The lube seems to just rest on top of the finish; it's strange.

Overall, I'm really pleased with cerakote and would definitely put it on more of my firearms. Once I shoot my 10/22 I'll post an update on how it ran, how easy it was to clean, etc.

20130128_135647.gif
    20130128_135633.gif
    20130128_135624.gif
    20130128_135606.gif
    20130128_135547.gif
    Venture Surplus ad

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Upon applying the second coat of Froglube paste, things seem more normal. The paste was initially melting and not staying coated on; it was pooling up in various spots instead of being evenly coated on the receiver. Not so much anymore though.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Upon applying the second coat of Froglube paste, things seem more normal. The paste was initially melting and not staying coated on; it was pooling up in various spots instead of being evenly coated on the receiver. Not so much anymore though.

Phil Tenacious Oil wouldn't have that problem.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Phil Tenacious Oil wouldn't have that problem.

This isn't a "problem" technically. Froglube says to heat it, treat it, wipe it off, and repeat. The idea is that some of the Froglube soaks into the pores of the metal, but with this finish on it, it might not be doing that. Don't care, I won't ever swap out my lubes. Froglube > all.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He did LadyGuns AR. We were really happy with his work. Color was perfect and at a great price.

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    Nice! I'm thinking about doing the slide on my mp40 in dark earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom