• ...and so much more!
  • Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Besides Truth Social and TGT… I don’t have any (current) online social media presence.

Like on TGT, I also have a subscription account on Rumble so I can utilize / watch videos with no ads.

I’ve heard about people being censored or cancelled on YouTube and FaceBook and the old Twitter many times (related to posts about Pres. Trump, COVID, DEI/Woke stuff, election rigging, guns, J6, Christianity, George Floyd, BLM, riots, FJB, etc etc etc)… but I don’t use any of those platforms.

Believe it or not, the only time I’ve ever been censored is on another gun forum (I won’t name) in which I participated for 5+ years. One day… someone decided the term Let’s Go Brandon was akin to swearing (because it stood for FJB). So my signature line (which I had used for two years) suddenly became XXXXXXXX where it had said Let’s Go Brandon. Their house, their rules, so I left.

Have you experienced censorship or account cancellation, etc in your online activities?

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Have you experienced censorship or account cancellation, etc in your online activities?
    Only once, but it led me here.

I'd been a member of a gun forum for a few months, getting along fine, and someone made a post that was bat-crap crazy, and I (mostly nicely) called them on it. One of the mods jumped me for doing so... and before I could reply, apologize, or anything, the mod edited MY post to take out the part he didn't like. Uh, no. Nobody's going to alter my post to make it read like something I didn't say. When I asked about it I was informed staff actions will not be challenged. Fair enough. Their house their rules. Buh-bye, lol. On my way out the door, another member quickly told me about TGT... and the rest is history. :)

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I was banned on an automobile forum years ago, no explanation, never understood why. It had been a good source of technical information but otherwise I didn't miss it.

The car builder is no longer in business and I no longer own anything built by them.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Many people here have had multiple run-ins with Charles Cotton and the TexasCHL Forums. It's considered a badge of honor....
    Guilty as charged.

1725280163606.gif

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I can't recall being censored. But mostly because I've stopped participating online like I once did. I've been a lurker on AR-15.com for years but refuse to join due to the moderation over there. Like a lot of other forums, new members with views outside the norm seem to get protection, often resulting in the banning of long-standing, knowledgeable posters. I won't support that.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was censored by RC forums because I told someone their mother was a hamster and their father smelled of elderberries. It was a “personal attack”, lol.

As a mod I censored some people here because they violated forum rules. Certain things are just not allowed.

Most everyone supports some form of censorship. Few here would argue to allow blatant racism. If it were up to me I would ban any and all furry supporters. Just a lot of disagreement over where the line should be drawn. I don’t believe in government censorship. And things get blurry when private companies become primary avenues for public discourse and the exchange of ideas (large enough to sway elections, for example)

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Accurate reloading mention to one of the people who where constantly being moderated if they did like it go start your own forum so they did. I was invited based on my numbers of bans and my content.

The new forum that was made is by invite only. Everyone is a moderator. It’s not a lot of members but we all became great friends. It’s like TGT but with me being a moderator and other members with views much like mine.

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Once on a technical site many, many years ago.
    During a discussion with several other people a new guy jumps in and did have a general and basic understanding of the problem. We were way past general and basic portion of the thread and he repeatedly posts things we have already tried and done. Thread was only about three pages long at this stage.
    Moron and an F word telling him to read thread from the beginning did get me censored for awhile.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I got banned on another gun forum one time. I don't remember the specifics, but it was some smart remark I made. A mod there didn't much care for me. Well.......he died suddenly and another mod on the site who I guess had noted the ban reversed it. Hell.........I've been a member of that forum for 23 years now. Too bad it's participation has died down.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yep. Usually by violating a forum rule. Alcohol may have been involved. Or not.

There was this one time though……well I got banned for PM’ing @benenglish who turned out to be a nigerian prince or something like that. @Hoji and a bunch of others got the whack by Ben, too.

That was a crazy day.
    1725318980971.gif

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yep. Usually by violating a forum rule. Alcohol may have been involved. Or not.

There was this one time though……well I got banned for PM’ing @benenglish who turned out to be a nigerian prince or something like that. @Hoji and a bunch of others got the whack by Ben, too.

That was a crazy day.
    Memorable for sure.
    I wouldn't have been surprised if it was me. Being Ben? That woke me up.

Top Bottom