• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I was a member and used to shoot a lot at Cedar Ridge Range between 2010-2014. It was great but the only issue was the owner who could get pretty “salty”. But I accepted him as just keeping folks safe, and once you got to know him, he was genuinely a good guy. But eventually, I moved on to Lone Star Handgun as they were closer to my place, and I got away from shooting the CRR weekend IDPA matches.

Fast forward to post Chinese Flu (2022). Now living in New Braunfels and the drive to Lone Star is longer. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go back to CRR and looked at other options near me, but wasn’t thrilled by any. I don’t like indoor ranges as they are expensive and loud. Dietz and Bracken…hard pass. A friend mentioned he is a member at CRR so I told him I’d go back as it had been years since my membership expired.

What a big difference!

The former head guy…aka Grumpy) is retired and his son now had the job…and he is kicking butt! Same tight range rules but a much more friendly and professional attitude by the staff.

New steel targets, improved ranges, outstanding selection of reloading supplies (with decent LGS prices), reasonable day shoot and membership fees, and inexpensive FFL transfers. They even open on some “Holiday Mondays”.

And they host matches almost every weekend.

If you are looking for a good place to shoot in the Bulverde area, check them out.

Lynx Defense

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I've been a member since 2017 since it's the closest outdoor range to me. Buck and does is closer but I hate indoor ranges. I agree with everything said here. It's improving.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Range Nazis.
    And even then, they let hood rats come out with their stocked Glucks, and shoot up other shooters targets, until someone jumps the case of said hood rat, which can be dangerous, so be ready to draw.
    Piss poor range control.
    LoneStar Much better...

TxRiverman

Lord Master and Commander
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2023
    Central Texas
    I have entirely different experiences there. The RSO that’s been there every time I go, wouldn’t tolerate that behavior.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Dietz has always been pretty easy going for me.
    There was a RSO they had on the pistol range I didn’t care for.
    He mostly left me alone but I saw him act stupid on others a few times.
    He went off one time about NOBODY HAVING A LOADED GUN BEHIND THE FIRING LINE ON HIS RANGE. This was in response to seeing a shooter with a concealed carry weapon on his belt. Mind you, the shooter was NOT using his ccw just wearing it. RSO saw it and went nuts. That was pretty dumb I thought.
    This same RSO would be all up your business if you had a female shooter with you. Damn perv.

I rarely go to Dietz s its so far from me. Hopefully that weirdo is gone now.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I just did a quick stop by CRR to pick up a rifle I ordered from PSA (Ruger American G2 .223). FFL transfer was fast and easy. As a member, cost was $20.

Their reloading supplies were fully stocked and prices are reasonable. Members get a bit of a discount as well on retail stuff.

Zero complaints other than rifles ranges are limited to 100 yards, but the whole “ridge” part has to do with that…LOL!

KenJ4070

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2024
    San Antonio, TX
    I was a member and used to shoot a lot at Cedar Ridge Range between 2010-2014. It was great but the only issue was the owner who could get pretty “salty”. But I accepted him as just keeping folks safe, and once you got to know him, he was genuinely a good guy. But eventually, I moved on to Lone Star Handgun as they were closer to my place, and I got away from shooting the CRR weekend IDPA matches.

Fast forward to post Chinese Flu (2022). Now living in New Braunfels and the drive to Lone Star is longer. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go back to CRR and looked at other options near me, but wasn’t thrilled by any. I don’t like indoor ranges as they are expensive and loud. Dietz and Bracken…hard pass. A friend mentioned he is a member at CRR so I told him I’d go back as it had been years since my membership expired.

What a big difference!

The former head guy…aka Grumpy) is retired and his son now had the job…and he is kicking butt! Same tight range rules but a much more friendly and professional attitude by the staff.

New steel targets, improved ranges, outstanding selection of reloading supplies (with decent LGS prices), reasonable day shoot and membership fees, and inexpensive FFL transfers. They even open on some “Holiday Mondays”.

And they host matches almost every weekend.

If you are looking for a good place to shoot in the Bulverde area, check them out.

Definitely a classy-range. I almost bought a membership there as I was looking for a low-restriction range to do the kind of training that I did at Fort Bragg. Then a new training facility opened up out towards Seguin and I got a membership there. Both are equally far (~45-50 minutes) so it was a wash for me. But, yes, I recommend CRR to people all the time so glad to hear they're still doing quality work!

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Definitely a classy-range. I almost bought a membership there as I was looking for a low-restriction range to do the kind of training that I did at Fort Bragg. Then a new training facility opened up out towards Seguin and I got a membership there. Both are equally far (~45-50 minutes) so it was a wash for me. But, yes, I recommend CRR to people all the time so glad to hear they're still doing quality work!
    What range near Seguin?

Top Bottom