• ...and so much more!
  • RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I like the 10/22. The barrel on the current fancy wood stock model is 18" or 20"?

Would look nice setup like that.

Regarding the XDS price I saw M&P Shields from $450-$550. Been thinking of getting one in 40 just because and waiting for a 45 to come out.

Its 18.5 on the current.models.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.
    Texas SOT

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have 3 wood stocks already. 2 birch, 1 walnut from an 80s production deluxe model(it ran the 18" barrel w/o a band). I did see a mannlicher model at the show for $329 IIRC. I think those have a floated 20" stainless barrel. I also overheard a guy at the gun show trying to unload some new birch take-offs. A vendor offered him $20 a piece and they were brand new. I didn't hang out long enough to see if he took the cash for em'. The most common barrel length is 18.5". 6 or more years ago walmart had an exclusive 20" SS model with silver painted receivers. I think that's what this gun started off as. The older receivers were anodized aluminum but ruger never made a true SS receiver only AMT did back in the day. The newer ones are a wrinkle finish black paint. A few years ago I managed to hunt down a blued 16" factory barrel in a Hogue stock put together by ruger. It was one of the first of the new style paint and plastic trigger groups. After some headspacing and trigger work, it runs as well as my others. You never can have enough 10/22s !

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I went back today as I had the 2 day pass. (Figured I'd end up going both days)

Wow it was dead today. Actually room to walk around. Didn't feel like a gun show.

SAW had good prices on M&P pistols. Guy on outer level had lots of magazines I've been looking for.

My most interesting experience was talking to the guy at the SAW booth selling suppressors. I could get into suppressors. Sounds like doing the trust is easy enough and with a 45, 308 and 22 suppressor you can cover about all your guns.

Saxet show is Aug 17/18. See how the vendors and their stock differ as its been months since a Saxet show.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Good show, bought a 10/22 takedown Stainless model.. they price matched GT's, so that was good enough for me. picked up a bunch of Condor stuff, and of course the standard Jerky.. Wanted to buy silver coins or bars, but the guy selling there was out of his freaking mind on price.. So stopped by Cedar Park Jewelry and paid $3 less an oz than the dude at the show was trying to rip folks off for. Did forget to stop by and grab a couple of the BX25's for the 10/22...oh well.. next show.. all in all it was a good show. Almost forgot those annoying guys trying to hock the TGT shirts...I'm a sucker...LOL.. Nice to finally meet you Alan.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wanted to buy silver coins or bars, but the guy selling there was out of his freaking mind on price.. So stopped by Cedar Park Jewelry and paid $3 less an oz than the dude at the show was trying to rip folks off for.

I'm not well versed in buying precious metals but I browsed the coins as I find the really old ones interesting for their history. I didn't see much but did see he was selling copper. Copper? Copper bullets, copper bars. Are we there? Is copper now a precious metal?

How about the old Bibles? Also fascinating for their history.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'm with ya Randman. I would have been a buyer of 1 oz rounds at around $20/oz. I think he was asking $23 if it's the same guy I saw. At least the Bx25s were going for $29.95 which is reasonable although not a "great" deal. A buddy if mine was selling those same copper 1oz rounds on ebay a while back. He gave me a roll of 20 last time I saw him for a buck ea. They are really just a novelty as copper value is closer to $.40 per ounce IIRC.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I'm with ya Randman. I would have been a buyer of 1 oz rounds at around $20/oz. I think he was asking $23 if it's the same guy I saw. At least the Bx25s were going for $29.95 which is reasonable although not a "great" deal. A buddy if mine was selling those same copper 1oz rounds on ebay a while back. He gave me a roll of 20 last time I saw him for a buck ea. They are really just a novelty as copper value is closer to $.40 per ounce IIRC.
    The guy at the show was tying to sell silver for $26 and $27 per oz..crazy... premium is one thing...but that is just nuts..lol.. I saw the BX-25 at one of the vendors for $24.99 and forgot to stop back by...

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    We didn't go, had a bad week, am still suffering from the bug I picked up while in El Salvador, and to top things off, had a small fender-bender in the Jeep yesterday on my way home from work. I was simply too tired this morning to get out of bed at 6:30 to make the drive up!

Mehh. Ruth and I will be down to see yall soon enuf. Got to skip the next show. Going on vacation back to michigan.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    How about the dealer with the orange shirts and hats? In one way it was kind of annoying with them being loud and pushy, but it is nice to see some different approach I suppose.

them guys suk. Always offering free ammo with gun purchase till x-0 clock. every hour passes and they extend their offer till the next hour. I wanted to buy a Henry rifle from them at the Irving show about 6 weeks ago. They wouldn't budge on the price. I ended up buying it from Independence Arms out of Brenham for about 20% less at the next gun show down in Pasadena. I hate the orange tee shirt guys (crazy). Love the orange button down shirt guys (independence). Bill.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    them guys suk. Always offering free ammo with gun purchase till x-0 clock. every hour passes and they extend their offer till the next hour. I wanted to buy a Henry rifle from them at the Irving show about 6 weeks ago. They wouldn't budge on the price. I ended up buying it from Independence Arms out of Brenham for about 20% less at the next gun show down in Pasadena. I hate the orange tee shirt guys (crazy). Love the orange button down shirt guys (independence). Bill.

The button down orange shirt guys need to change colors to not be confused with the other ones. The loud orange shirt booth offering ammo "only until the end of the hour"...every hour was unethical. I wouldnt buy from them.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bought these two 10/22 carbines in the 1970s for my younger sons. IIRC, both were about $55 each - with walnut stocks. Have been picking up the BX-25s now & then:
    Guns107_zps838ec6ab.jpg

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    This was a very good show. I was with my nephew so I didn't have as much time to really look at things like I usually do, but overall it was clear that for the most part, the scare is nearly over. Ammo is still too high, and some AK's for some reason are stuck on stupid, but by and large everything else is back to normal, or close enough that it doesn't matter.

Love the Cedar Park Center, btw. Wish parking wasn't $5, but oh well. This show is worth the money.

Top Bottom