• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    The other people who should really be arrested and thrown in prison for a long time are the people who own and run the refinery that bought the material from the thieves. Where do they think tey were mining all of this expensive material? In their back yard?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The other people who should really be arrested and thrown in prison for a long time are the people who own and run the refinery that bought the material from the thieves. Where do they think tey were mining all of this expensive material? In their back yard?
    I think it's Even worse than that.
    I saw a news story on This a while back. And some of these fine outfits would send you a prepaid shipping container.
    Just pop it in, hand it over to FEDEX (or whoever) and we'll send you cash!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Dropping the jack works if there's no bat handy.
    I saw a man try to kill another man with that method back when I was a teenager. The guy working on the car clambered out from under it, the would-be killer said that his trying to push the car off the jack was an accident, and nothing came of it.

First time I ever saw that level of evil from another man. To him, it was just a chance to create "one less sand-n***** in this world."

He thought he was making the world a better place.

That incident didn't fully sink in for me for a long time.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I saw a man try to kill another man with that method back when I was a teenager. The guy working on the car clambered out from under it, the would-be killer said that his trying to push the car off the jack was an accident, and nothing came of it.

First time I ever saw that level of evil from another man. To him, it was just a chance to create "one less sand-n***** in this world."

He thought he was making the world a better place.

That incident didn't fully sink in for me for a long time.
    Theres a handful of news articles out there outlining homeowners coming out with baseball bats, guns, and dropping the car on the thieves in the middle of the night so its definitely happened. I think the thieves smarted up a little bit and now steal them in the middle of the day at shopping malls, grocery stores, and office buildings where there likely is little to no cameras, no security, and nobody randomly coming to the car.

That lawsuit the City of Baltimore has against Hyundai for alleging its too easy to steal Hyundais got me thinking: why isn't there some lawsuit against either cities, police, recyclers, or anyone for allowing that type of crime to continue?

Hell, when I took about 5 motorcycle, tool, and equipment batteries to the recycler (for my $3.48 mind you!) they photographed my license plate, asked for my full name and paid me. Surely they could just run through the list of upstanding citizens to see who are likely less than legal dropping off 7000 pounds of catalytic converters at a time...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think it's Even worse than that.
    I saw a news story on This a while back. And some of these fine outfits would send you a prepaid shipping container.
    Just pop it in, hand it over to FEDEX (or whoever) and we'll send you cash!
    I actually used one of those services back about 12 or 13 years ago. My Accord at the time with 2xx,000 miles had the cat go out. I ordered a high flow cat with ceramic guts from Summit for $80-$90. Scrap company out of Dalles sent me postage paid return box. Once they got the cat from me they sent me $120 via PayPal. I actually came out a few bucks ahead on the deal considering a muffler shop probably wouldn’t have given me anything and would have pocketed the $

Top Bottom