• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldcop041

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    DFW AREA
    It has been a few months since I bought cast bullets. Back then I paid $38.00 for 500 158 grain .357 semi-wadcutter bullets at SW Ammo.

Anyone know if prices are going down yet?

I received my back order of primers I had in at Powder Valley since April. Now I just need some more bullets!
    Lynx Defense

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    AFAIK lead prices have not gone down to where bullet makers are going to reduce prices. Also, they've had to buy lead at increased prices and can't reduce prices until they get rid of the higher priced inventory. Also, tin and antimony prices have gone up. Bullet Works in Breckenridge has the same prices as last year, so far.

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    If you're buying in bulk (upto 70lbs), you can get some decent deals online:

S&S casting has 158 SWC in 357 for $27.50/500 count + flat rate shipping but no tax.
    S&S Casting : Home

Missouri Bullets is also very good for lead bullets, $26.60 with a discount for members of The High Road.org. Look for the discount code in the reloading section THR.org:
    Missouri Bullet Company

T's C6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    DFW
    AFAIK lead prices have not gone down to where bullet makers are going to reduce prices. Also, they've had to buy lead at increased prices and can't reduce prices until they get rid of the higher priced inventory. Also, tin and antimony prices have gone up. Bullet Works in Breckenridge has the same prices as last year, so far.

I agree the Bullet Works has the same prices as last year.

ForneyRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Forney, TX
    Lee mold is 20$ and their pot is about 50$. Lead can be had for free.

First couple of batches may look like crap, but they come out great after some practice.

mike4045

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Victoria
    I have used Bulletworks and S&S bullets. They have the best prices I have found. I can't find bulk bullets locally at a good price. Shipping works best for me.

Top Bottom