• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    i have read on other sites where they use cast bullets for hunting hogs and deer at close range with cans on 308s and 300 BOs. thats what i want to do (308) but the guy at silencer co. in austin told me never to shoot lead thru any silencer as it will soon be too "leaded up" to use. yes/no?
    Texas SOT

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    1st I would guess it depends on how hard the cast bullets are! 2nd what's the resalability of a used suppressor? 3rd what velocities are you running in .308 & 300 B.O.?

I shoot cheap lead bullets thru my .22 cans, but they do come apart to clean. Even after running .22 on full auto my Spectre II does not seem to be overly bad.

Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    SilencerCo is in Utah. =)

But don't shoot cast lead projectiles through a sealed can. (Which means don't shoot cast lead projectiles out of a rifle suppressor, as almost none of them are user serviceable.)

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    1st I would guess it depends on how hard the cast bullets are! 2nd what's the resalability of a used suppressor? 3rd what velocities are you running in .308 & 300 B.O.?

I shoot cheap lead bullets thru my .22 cans, but they do come apart to clean. Even after running .22 on full auto my Spectre II does not seem to be overly bad.
    1. water dropped so about 13 on BIN scale
    2. don't know/care
    3. 308, 180 gr sierra pro hunter jacketed soft (lead) tip over 10 gr trail boss

Top Bottom