Texas SOT

Car in the backyard... what do you do? (FINAL)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would you do?

• No worries, Spooky is already locked on, just gonna deliver a little love when he gets home

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    It is between 12:00 midnight and 1:00 AM on a weekday morning. You live in a residential neighborhood in a suburb of a major Texas city. Your residence is a mobile home. Your neighbor to the south is mobile home some 40 yards away. Across the street to the west is a wall enclosing a neighborhood. The lot to the north is empty and your lot is nearly 60 yards deep to the east. A car intentionally pulled into your backyard via a neighbor's driveway. The vehicle headlights are shining on the back-porch to your home. You are not expecting anyone and parking in the backyard has never been allowed. You own a 9mm handgun and have working phone service via both you and your wife's smart devices. There are two young minor children who live in your home with you.

For some inexplicable reason, you chose to go outside unarmed (see thread 1), and walk off the porch to ground. You observe the driver and passenger exit. They immediately challenged YOU with, "Why you wanna go starting problems?" And, "Is [your spouse's name], OK?" The implication is that you may have harmed her. Though you do not know these two, they used your wife's correct name. You respond that she is ok, and your wife, who stepped onto the patio, declares she is ok.

They are dressed "ganster" with tattoos. They are both larger than you in both height and weight. For some other inexplicable reason you allowed these two to get within touch distance. Maybe it is the same bravado which lead you to walk outside unarmed I the first place, but as they start declaring themselves gang members with statements like, "Do you know who are? We're Tango Blast! We’re Blastin'!" The driver shoves you and the passenger attempts a sucker punch. It does not connect well so you are unharmed. Then the passenger displays a knife.

At this you disengage and successfully flee inside your home with your wife. You arm yourself and exit your home again. No one calls 911. (see thread 2)

As you emerge with the two having closed on the porch they see your gun and one exclaims, “$#!+, he’s got a gun!” The two flee to their vehicle, and begin backing it out of your backyard.

The only rational and legal thing to do is... follow them to property line walking in your headlights. Don't worry about being able to see anything. Don't worry about them slamming it into drive and running you over. Just macho-man walk 'em to the property line.

Right at the property line, and it not 100% certain that the vehicle was fully off the property they stop backing. The passenger is leaning out the window (and had been for about half of the trip to the property line) talking smack. Still declaring his gang affiliation but now has begun issuing threats that he is going to return with a gun and shoot do a drive by, understood to mean he would shoot at the home. Then he adds the detail that he lives just up the street and he is going to get his gun and shoot you while holding his hand and fingers in the shape of a gun. Fearing for your property, your life, and that of your family you...

What do you do?

A) Whip out your phone and call 911, FINALLY.

B)
    No worries, Spooky is already locked on, just gonna deliver a little love when he gets home

C) Fire several shots into the car's radiator and disable the engine.

D)
    Fire several shots into the air showing them you will pull a trigger.

[edited to correct that it was passenger hanging out the window flappin' his gums]

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I'd have to say D. Nothing says "high school prom" like live fire into the air. What they don't realize is this was the distraction that Spooky needed to sneak a monocled cobra into their back seat. The wife makes popcorn for the coming show. This is going to be fun.

And as we learned in Austin during the Great Cobra Scare. Cobra Lives Matter!

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I think the important question really should be: when he appeared on an episode of COPS how large were the stains on the wife beater T shirt was he wearing?

LMAO, why do all the guys on COPS dress like that? You'd think they'd dress better for TV....

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    i think the dude went with D

ETA: hell we already came this far, i woulda went with C

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    i think the dude went with D

ETA: hell we already came this far, i woulda went with C

And you would've been arrested... just as he was. :)

He declared that having heard the threat against his family he decided to fire 6 shots into the radiator.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I see nothing but black.
    ab3e58397d4810a6a9a8159f2869c47e.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics