• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    yikes! Our CHL instructor also told us that we are not allowed to carry if we have consumed any amount of alcohol. He stated that if stopped by a LEO and any amount of alcohol was detected, while carrying, we could be arrested.
    Some instructors make that mistake due to a question on the test that refers to "no legal limit", and they do not understand that the term does not actually refer to a limit.
    Venture Surplus ad

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    Just my own opinion; if you are going to go out and know you will be drinking... leave the weapon at home. Why even take the chance that you may have 1 or 2 more then you planned something happens. The risk vs. benefit isn't worth it.

I came up with my own solution... I built a 600 square foot bar behind my house. I don't have to risk a DUI/DWI, never get cut off, haven't been thrown out yet, and can run up a tab that I never have to pay!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Just my own opinion; if you are going to go out and know you will be drinking... leave the weapon at home. Why even take the chance that you may have 1 or 2 more then you planned something happens. The risk vs. benefit isn't worth it.
    I agree. However, if a person is concerned they will get so snookered that their judgement would be so impaired they would make a bad shoot; perhaps, that person should not get behind the wheel of a 2 ton missle. ;)

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    So a glass of wine or a bottle of beer out with dinner with the wife is OK? Or is it zero tollerence and completely no BAC at all?

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    You can have alcohol while carrying as long as you do not get intoxicated. There is no "zero tolerance".

Technically correct except when being judged by the media. Let's look at it in the light of today's world....(the milepost being Zimmerman).

If you should have to take action involving your firearm, do not think the news media will not introduce to the world at least three homeless folk look-a-likes that witnessed you sitting in the restaurant enjoying an alcoholic beverage. (Why is it the news correspondent always find the town idiots to interview?) "I swear, he looked so drunk I thought he was Cooter Brown!"

I'm not saying to never drink while carrying......just be prepared for what Diana Sawyer says about you at 5:30.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Technically correct except when being judged by the media. Let's look at it in the light of today's world....(the milepost being Zimmerman).

If you should have to take action involving your firearm, do not think the news media will not introduce to the world at least three homeless folk look-a-likes that witnessed you sitting in the restaurant enjoying an alcoholic beverage. (Why is it the news correspondent always find the town idiots to interview?) "I swear, he looked so drunk I thought he was Cooter Brown!"

I'm not saying to never drink while carrying......just be prepared for what Diana Sawyer says about you at 5:30.

What does that have to do with anything? Who pays attention to the many people having a drink with their dinner? What difference does is make, if you were justified, if you had a beer prior to using deadly force.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Biggest problem would be Civil suit issues if something happened. A lawyer will use it against you.

A lawyer will use WHAT against me? Under the Castle Doctrine, if I am justified under chapter 9 and I am sued, I am immune from civil liability.

It amazes me people will have drinks then drive home in a 4000 pound missle, but freak out at the thought of having a beer when carrying. You chances of being in a wreck are MUCH greater that the chances of having to shoot someone.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    TXI,
    Thank you for your posts on this subject matter. I rarely get involved in discussions concerning CHL's on the forum. The misinformation that is spread all over the net concerning CHL's is frustrating.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    What does that have to do with anything? Who pays attention to the many people having a drink with their dinner? What difference does is make, if you were justified, if you had a beer prior to using deadly force.

I'd forgotten the north part of the state had so many folks living in caves.......

Here on the gulf coast, after EVERY shooting, the media does a canvas of the neighborhood to find witnesses to discredit the shooter. ALL victims are innocent angels and the armed thug, whether law enforcement, CHL holder, or homeowner forced to act is WRONG and must be either a mental case, consistently angry or under the influence of something.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'd forgotten the north part of the state had so many folks living in caves.......

Here on the gulf coast, after EVERY shooting, the media does a canvas of the neighborhood to find witnesses to discredit the shooter. ALL victims are innocent angels and the armed thug, whether law enforcement, CHL holder, or homeowner forced to act is WRONG and must be either a mental case, consistently angry or under the influence of something.

And?

Look, I am sorry my training, education and experience tells me that having a drink or two, as long as you are not intoxicated, is a non-issue and caused you to need to send me a nastygram PM. Perhaps forums are too stressful for you.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    TXI,
    Thank you for your posts on this subject matter. I rarely get involved in discussions concerning CHL's on the forum. The misinformation that is spread all over the net concerning CHL's is frustrating.

No, I am a know it all whose daddy called me down all of the time. Just ask CZguy

Actually, thanks Jon. I understand completely.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    And?

Look, I am sorry my training, education and experience tells me that having a drink or two, as long as you are not intoxicated, is a non-issue and caused you to need to send me a nastygram PM. Perhaps forums are too stressful for you.

MY INPUT on this was only an observation that after any type of shooting, the media will attempt to fry the shooter if they can find ONE PERSON that will say they observed that person partaking of alcohol..... and the reader should weigh MY OPINION on whether they should carry or not after drinking ANY amount.

Nothing I posted was directed at TXI but again, of course, his superior intelligence and decades of law enforcement experience trumps my lowly opinion and allows him to belittle other people's ideas and observations. After almost thirty years of being a cop, my past pales in comparison.........I am SOOOOO sorry.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    MY INPUT on this was only an observation that after any type of shooting, the media will attempt to fry the shooter if they can find ONE PERSON that will say they observed that person partaking of alcohol..... and the reader should weigh MY OPINION on whether they should carry or not after drinking ANY amount.

Nothing I posted was directed at TXI but again, of course, his superior intelligence and decades of law enforcement experience trumps my lowly opinion and allows him to belittle other people's ideas and observations. After almost thirty years of being a cop, my past pales in comparison.........I am SOOOOO sorry.

No one belittled you. If you cannot take someone disagreeing with your opinion, or dare posting an opposing opinion then why post on a forum.

If you saw my replies as belittling then you need a tougher hide, officer.

And if you send me a PM attacking me I am going to expose you. Please stop attacking me with PMS.

Top Bottom