Venture Surplus ad

Can one CC at the Cowboy's stadium in Dallas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Conditionally a Prohibited Place per TPC 46.03; no sign required.

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.
    (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(8) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the person is a participant in the event and a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a) is used in the event;

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Professional and scholastic porting events are a no go. Theoretically, concerts and other events are legal and because the stadium is owned by the city of Arlington, they can't prosecute you under 30.0x, and they are not supposed to post. So in 2016 I went to non-school, non-professional event. They were (legally unenforceably) posted. They wanded me and found my pistol. I said the law didn't allow them to exclude me as it was a publicly owned property. They said tough you're not coming in. Went back to the car and put it away. I filed a complaint with the Arlington City Manager, to which I got a legally incorrect opinion saying they could do it because #MuhPrivateSecurity. I was going to complain to the Texas AG as provided for by law, but he had many similar cases pending with better facts and of course basically surrendered on most of them. The net is, they can't legally exclude you with 30.0x, but if they do, what the heck are you going to do about it? Shoot your way in?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

I was going to complain to the Texas AG as provided for by law, but he had many similar cases pending with better facts and of course basically surrendered on most of them. The net is, they can't legally exclude you with 30.0x, but if they do, what the heck are you going to do about it? Shoot your way in?

Had Paxton come up for impeachment then, I would have supported it....

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Conditionally a Prohibited Place per TPC 46.03; no sign required.

(8) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the person is a participant in the event and a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a) is used in the event;

So is a Cowboys game considered a professional event?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Theoretically, concerts and other events are legal and because the stadium is owned by the city of Arlington

Is this verified?

Folks thought the same about the AAC, but when I checked it was NOT owned by City of Dallas even though they paid most of it, it is owned by a private consortium.

eta

Ok Wiki says Arlington owns it.

The facility, owned by the city of Arlington,

even though Jones spent $600B plus and sold the naming rights, he is not the owner, he rents it.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Is this verified?

Folks thought the same about the AAC, but when I checked it was NOT owned by City of Dallas even though they paid most of it, it is owned by a private consortium.

eta

Ok Wiki says Arlington owns it.

The facility, owned by the city of Arlington,

even though Jones spent $600B plus and sold the naming rights, he is not the owner, he rents it.
    I looked them up at the County Appraisal District. The owner is the City of Dallas.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I looked them up at the County Appraisal District. The owner is the City of Dallas.
    Ok have not done it recently but I did find this - guess they own the building but Dallas owns the property.

Company Description:Dallas does everything big, and the Center Operating Company is no exception. The company owns and operates the American Airlines Center, a $420 million sports and entertainment arena, built partially with public funds, that opened in 2001.

Top Bottom