• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm looking at a truck. 2005 Nissan Titan with 180k on it. It's a friends and it is basically maintained like a lease vehicle. Dealer maintained not wrecked or ragged out. No rust etc.
    The price is more or less right.
    Buy would you get into a truck with that many miles on it? I live in a smaller town so I might do 500 miles a month worth or driving.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sneak past a Nissan dealership. Ask a few machinic's how the titan is holding up. They are the ones that really know how well made it is.

If they say they would own one....it's GTG.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    A co worker has 2 of the Titans. His daughter drives the older one. He drove it forever and bought another. Good solid trucks with a good drivetrain. If the price is fair, I'd buy

sent from my tactical assault phone

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I've owned high mileage stuff before but we're talking a 302 or a 350. But that was a monthly trip to oreilly's.

This truck looks mechanically sound. Runs great. And means no truck payment.

Btw my phone is black too is it an assault tactical phone or does it need a pistol grip?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've owned high mileage stuff before but we're talking a 302 or a 350. But that was a monthly trip to oreilly's.

This truck looks mechanically sound. Runs great. And means no truck payment.

Btw my phone is black too is it an assault tactical phone or does it need a pistol grip?

Really depends on the optics.

sent from my tactical assault phone

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My mom has a 20 year old nissan pathfinder that mechanically runs like a top if that says anything about nissans quality.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    What you need to do is get a prepurchase inspection done, they typically come out to your place or where the vehicle is and run through it. Cost is usually about 60-120. It's worth it....can find all kinds of them in the phone book.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    What you need to do is get a prepurchase inspection done, they typically come out to your place or where the vehicle is and run through it. Cost is usually about 60-120. It's worth it....can find all kinds of them in the phone book.

This.

I'm sure you trust your friend but maybe there's something that even he didn't know about.

I generally don't buy/sell to friends in the first place, though.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    With the same info, Edmunds predicts a private sale to be worth something over $4k.

Let's see, between a little over 4K and a little under 5K is what? A very small range of "fantasy".

Point is still the same, you can look up what a reasonable value is for the vehicle and at least decide if the asking price is in a reasonable range. Neither web site indicates any major problems noted for that model year.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    And with that many miles you are kind of rolling the dice. I could last you long enough to be worth buying or it could lock up tomorrow.

If it's cheap enough it's probably worth taking a chance.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I would "google" Titan Trucks.

Not long ago, they had high marks for the engine and transmissions, but lots of complaints on the braking system.

Personally, I would not buy a vehicle with more than 35,000 miles.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    With the same info, Edmunds predicts a private sale to be worth something over $4k.

Let's see, between a little over 4K and a little under 5K is what? A very small range of "fantasy".

Wasn't trying to be argumentative, it's just been my experience selling cars that KBB numbers are "generally" inflated.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I would "google" Titan Trucks.

Not long ago, they had high marks for the engine and transmissions, but lots of complaints on the braking system.

Personally, I would not buy a vehicle with more than 35,000 miles.

That's nice if you can afford it. I've never had a vehicle with that few miles on it.

Used to be that they were junk after 100k. Now cars can last a lot longer.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    One last thing, if I am buying a vehicle from a private party, I attempt to get as close to trade in value as possible. As opposed to private party value.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom