• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    Finally tried out one of the private bays today. It was pretty cool to be able to do your own thing. The spaces are pretty big so my wife and I were able to shoot, move, and communicate lol. Seriously it was cool, although I really wish I hadn't forgotten all my holsters in Killeen. It felt a little weird having to carry everything in my hands or pockets from table to target.

All in all worth the extra money, hope they get someone out to police a little more frequently though the shotgun shell casings in my bay could have hidden a grown man.
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's definitely the way to go if you shoot at the Bullethole, but I find it too expensive ($15 per person for two hours).

Plus, I see their normal range fees have gone up a few bucks as well ($9.50 per day per person). I know they've done some improvements, but I still can't bring myself to shoot there based on the numerous negative experiences I've had there in the past...

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    IDK. A few years from what I heard. I haven't been there in a while. Went once and old man not on the line, because he was always there. The RO was allowing handling of firearms on cold line, watching muzzle sweeps left and right and other safety issues.
    I asked someone behind the counter where he was and they told me he died. I haven't been back since.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I believe it was early 2005 or before then, as that was when we came back to Texas from Belgium and I think he passed not long before...

And as I've stated numerous times before, I've encountered far too many safety violations to ever shoot there again. Plus I know way too many people who have also had negative experiences there to recommend it to anyone. It's sad because I would very much like to support every firearms-related business in the area (I even buy my ammo locally, instead of online), but in this particular instance I just can and will not step foot on that range again!

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I used to be a huge fan of the Bullethole private pays. However, i do not want to pay 15 bucks for the privilege. Also, the last time I was there I had a guy open a soft rifle bag next to me, in which he had placed his XD-M on top of his AR15, with a mag in and everything. When it fell obviously the best thing to do was to grab it with the finger in the trigger guard (of course) and place it about 6'' from my stomach. Hate the safety out there. I would rather go back to Bracken.....

Mikey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    San Antonio
    Went to Bullethole with the wife and a friend today to try out the wife's new Walther PK380 and the friend's CZ82. Didn't use a private bay, just the standard pistol range.

I can say that I didn't see any real safety issues, and the folks running the range were pretty vigilant, polite, and did a good job of taking care of business.

I did see way too many people on a crowded line, with brass flying everywhere and more than one burn resulting. I was also not impressed with the folks working the counter, the prices, or the fact that we each had to buy a "range ID" for an additional five bucks before we could shoot.

All in all, I've had a better experience for the same or less money everywhere else I've been. Not impressed with the Bullethole.

I really only went because it was convenient (close to the aforementioned friend's house) and I was interested in trying it out. I don't plan to go back.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I used to be a huge fan of the Bullethole private pays. However, i do not want to pay 15 bucks for the privilege. Also, the last time I was there I had a guy open a soft rifle bag next to me, in which he had placed his XD-M on top of his AR15, with a mag in and everything. When it fell obviously the best thing to do was to grab it with the finger in the trigger guard (of course) and place it about 6'' from my stomach. Hate the safety out there. I would rather go back to Bracken.....

I am telling ya J, you gotta check out Bullis! I am sure you can shoot there with your state military ID card. If you want to meet up out there one weekend, let me know.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom