• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    This will be a money losing disaster which will be funded by billions of dollars from taxpayers who don't want and won't use the dam thing. It's a money making deal for lots of politicians and scammy contractors and operators.

The US taxpayers pay $1.5 billion a year to subsidize the disaster called Amtrak. There is not a single public rail system anywhere in the US that pays it's own way. All of them are subsidized by taxpayers.

This one will be no different and we are getting screwed by allowing it to move forward.
    No RR or public transit in Texas will ever pay it's own way. It's all a scam to make a few people and politicians a lot of money at the expense of the taxpayer.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Saw a TV show about the Alaskan railroad.
    They do the Load Automobiles onto the train thing.
    Heck they even do big RV's and trucks.
    Takes them across long distances then unloads them there.
    Seems like a good deal for them up there.

No reason that couldn't work here.
    Why would you even consider all of that hassle for a 4 hours trip up I-45 ? And you can bet it would be outrageously expensive and what you pay will no where near cover the cost of this service. Taxpayers will have to eat that.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Well it’s coming
    IMG_6583.JPG

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    He specified (RR) and (passenger trains).
    (RR) includes freight.
    No, he specified "RR" and "public transportation"

Since the topic is "Bullet train" I'm sure that what he was talking about when he said "RR"

That was how I took it and thought maybe Jordan was confused.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No, he specified "RR" and "public transportation"

Since the topic is "Bullet train" I'm sure that what he was talking about when he said "RR"

That was how I took it and thought maybe Jordan was confused.

Yeah, that part was my bad, I'm trying to do other stuff and misspoke.
    RR is still almost completely freight.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Yeah, that part was my bad, I'm trying to do other stuff and misspoke.
    RR is still almost completely freight.
    Definitely freight railroads are profitable. I worked with Amtrak for a couple of years and became quite familiar with passenger rail during that period. That is when I learned what a tax ripoff that is, and it should be shut down other than NE corridor which still would not make a profit but shutting it down would completely bloat that part of the country. We pay over $1.5 Billion a year to send Amtrak trains across this country with little ridership and piss poor service records on worn out, and some times dangerous equipment.

Your good buddy Joe Biden was in bed with the Amtrak people. He was around the corporate offices and in the maintenance and operations facilities all the time while I was working there. Big supporter of their unions which is a huge part of the problem also.

But all of these other public rail systems are scams and should never have been built but lots of industry scams and politicians are getting rich off of the scams.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I tried so take a train from Houston to Richmond VA, Actually Newport News cause there is a train station there.
    First off it was a lot more than a airline ticket. second the route was take a bus from Houston to Longview TX, Get on train from Longview to Chicago, train from chicago to DC.(wait overnight ) train from DC to richmond va. It would have take about 36 hours each way. the drive is 22 hours.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I tried so take a train from Houston to Richmond VA, Actually Newport News cause there is a train station there.
    First off it was a lot more than a airline ticket. second the route was take a bus from Houston to Longview TX, Get on train from Longview to Chicago, train from chicago to DC.(wait overnight ) train from DC to richmond va. It would have take about 36 hours each way. the drive is 22 hours.
    And I will guarantee you that the cost of a ticket would not even come anywhere close to covering even the variable costs associated with that seat ! Much less any of the allocated fixed costs.

Amtrak needs to be shut down ! It's a total Charlie Foxtrot and scam that is supported by taxpayers who never rode a friggin' train in their lives.

Top Bottom