• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    When TSHTF I'll probably be at work with a motorcycle parked out front. All the BOV in the world won't help when it's at home.

This is a fun topic and all, but really, unless you drive your BOV everywhere or you're always at home sitting in it, what good will it do?
    Venture Surplus ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    when TSHTF......

bicycle. doesnt need gas, faster than walking, or if youve got alot of gear you can jsut sling your bags over the bike and walk it along much easier than you can carry it.

remeber, not alot of gas stations are going to be open. best to jsut stay off the roads, stick to the woods, no loud engines going, nice and quiet.

now, if you have an opportunity to yoink a UN 2.5 ton truck stocked with nutes and gear toss that damn bike ontop of the MREs and gtfo out of dodge city.
    ;)

ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    wussies.

bugout.png

rofl!!!!!

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Extended cab, Chevy 2500HD 4x4 P/U with cap on back.

Have had to use it twice now to Bug Out of my area due to hurricanes. (Rita/Ike)

All my extra stuff goes in the back, and any family members that may need a lift in the cab with me.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    when TSHTF......

bicycle. doesnt need gas, faster than walking, or if youve got alot of gear you can jsut sling your bags over the bike and walk it along much easier than you can carry it.

remeber, not alot of gas stations are going to be open. best to jsut stay off the roads, stick to the woods, no loud engines going, nice and quiet.

now, if you have an opportunity to yoink a UN 2.5 ton truck stocked with nutes and gear toss that damn bike ontop of the MREs and gtfo out of dodge city.
    ;)

(nutes = food. i forgot i made that one up.)

bigflex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Longview
    Well I don't have what I would call a bug out vehicle per say. We have a place to bug out to and we will just drive my wifes 2010 expedition there. Once there thogh I have a good getting from place to place without getting on any roads vihicle. Its an 88 Suzuki Samurai. She will take me anywhere I point her and do so very eficiently.
    biggreen.jpg

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Well I don't have what I would call a bug out vehicle per say. We have a place to bug out to and we will just drive my wifes 2010 expedition there. Once there thogh I have a good getting from place to place without getting on any roads vihicle. Its an 88 Suzuki Samurai. She will take me anywhere I point her and do so very eficiently.

My Samurai is still pretty much stock, but I have been contemplating putting one of those racks on the back to increase the amount I can haul. Like my sig on Toyota Nation says about my Samurai, "Treading where no Jeep can follow...."

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Ok I'll play. Here is one of our BPV. Her name is BigUgly. Born in 89, and I dont have pictures of her sisters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    California and Nevada for sure. Lots of game if you know where to go. Any places in particular in California you liked? One of my favorite places to four-wheel, shoot, and poke around is the Old Woman Mountains in the Mojave east of 29 Palms.

Used to hunt up near Hole in the Wall in Mojave years ago also in Cable Canyon, Blossom Peak, Onyx Summit,Clark's Ranch, Warm Springs and the Pinnacles in Berdoo County.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    When TSHTF I'll probably be at work with a motorcycle parked out front. All the BOV in the world won't help when it's at home.

This is a fun topic and all, but really, unless you drive your BOV everywhere or you're always at home sitting in it, what good will it do?
    It will do alot of good. Many work pretty close to home. If weather or other disaster required you to get out....you drive home, load up and go. It is a moot point for many as their home is the best place to stay, but if circumstance forced you to leave, it is nice to have a vehicle that hauls alot, tows alot and can cover nearly any terrain.

Top Bottom