• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    After finally getting the mag release button removed I'm proud to say there is nothing on a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom I can not take apart!

Putting it all back together and having it actually function - who tha' hell knows.

Just ordered 3 of the springs I destroyed, L spring lifter spring, and some other potential projectiles as spares.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    If i had one glock part for every CZ part you've mentioned. Id have 3 glocks ;)
    Hahahahaha.... I get this done I'm coming back to your range and let you shoot it. By all reports I will no longer have to aim it. Just stand in the shooting station and pull the trigger and the bullets will magically find the bullseye!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Man i did this on my p01 a few years back and it was a lot of cursing. Good luck haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I'm waiting on parts to arrive I'm practicing putting it back together. Got the sear cage decocker down pat. Now working on trigger/trigger spring/trigger bar assembly.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    So here are the parts/pieces getting installed with the Cajun Gunworks ProTrigger kit:

20200909_144539.jpg

While I do have a firing pin lift block spring on order, be here Friday, there are things I can install now.

This is the CGW new hammer/disconnector. The spring strut is a re-use part. The disconnector is already pinned and getting ready to pin the spring strut. The pins I'm using also came from CGW and are hardened to a rockwell hardness of "VERY" LOL. The old pins were peened in place. These have to be loctite'd in.

20200909_144557.jpg

I said the hammer pins had to be loctite'd in because that's what I read. The reality of the situation is these pins are captured in a metal housing that is necessary because of the polymer frame. Here is the disconnector/hammer/spring struct inside the metal housing before inserting into the polymer frame.

20200909_161602.jpg

20200909_161613.jpg

Then that assembly is inserted into the polymer frame....

20200909_161948.jpg

20200909_162735.jpg

dmh

dmh
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Huntsville,TX
    I have not passed the point of no return - yet. But I reckon I'm fixing to. There is precious little that's similarities between the Polymer frame and the metal framed CZ 75's. It "looks" like the entire firing mechanism is pre-assembled then inserted into the frame - sorta.
    Go for it!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    There's a country western song I am hummin' named "Back Together Again".

20200913_104618.jpg

The full Cajun Gunworks ProTrigger kit is installed.

I have reduced travel on both the DA and SA. There is an adjustment the stops the trigger from moving forward after the trigger resets and another set screw adjustment to limit trigger travel after the hammer releases on the SA trigger.

Before/After pull weights(Average of 10 pulls)

DA 10# - 8.3 oz. / 8# 10.0 oz
    SA 03# - 13.6 oz / 02# - 0.8 oz

I can tell you for a fact that the SA trigger pull is very light.... 2#s ain't much.

Guess I'll go to the range this afternoon - maybe and see how it shoots. I say maybe because it's probably crowed on a Sunday. Maybe not if I go late.

Attachments

• 20200913_105704.jpg
      20200913_105704.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 69

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Went to the range with the Phantom today. Ran about 200 rounds through it. Can't say my grouping are any better but I didn't get trigger bite. The 2.5# pull surprised me a couple of times until I got used to it. The double action is lighter but not "light". I did enjoy shooting it more this time as the trigger was way more comfortable.

Groupings looked like this: The head shots were in fact not DA/SA trigger pulls. Just an 18 rd mag unloaded with a lot of aiming taking place. COM hits in were DA/SA. That CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom decocker is really sweet as is the slide release. The addition of the 509 mag release button helped a lot as well.

20200914_133910.jpg
    Where I wrote DT - stands for double tap. Pretty fast pulling the trigger even between the DT's. Sooooo... got some work to do. I believe the DT target was with the FNS-9C as well. Shorter barrel = shorter sight radius = opened up groupings - for me.
    20200914_135700.jpg

But all in all I'm pleased - sorta. Making progress but taking longer and more effort than I first imagined. Time and effort I've got.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Doug, I think you are going to find that more frequent range sessions and less ammo expended are going to work to your advantage in the long run.

Not bad shooting either! It looks like you are improving.

But, when are we going to see Buckle Up Butter Cup 2.0?
    Oh yeah... I've been heeding your advice. Shorter duration more frequent trips to the range. Going ~ twice a week now and taking only ~200 rounds. Invariably my best groupings are on the first target of the day. I'm trying to pay attention to what it is I'm either doing or not doing on that first target. Haven't figured it out - yet. But I will. Went Friday and took 600 rounds but there were 3 of us shooting. I think I only accounted for about 100-125 rounds that day.

What would constitute Buckle Up Butter Cup 2.0? Not a lot left I can do to the Phantom. I'm looking to see if there's any tweeks I can do on the FNS-9C but haven't run across anything yet. Did see there's special tools needed for the FNS that I didn't need for the CZ 7.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Oh yeah... I've been heeding your advice. Shorter duration more frequent trips to the range. Going ~ twice a week now and taking only ~200 rounds. Invariably my best groupings are on the first target of the day. I'm trying to pay attention to what it is I'm either doing or not doing on that first target. Haven't figured it out - yet. But I will. Went Friday and took 600 rounds but there were 3 of us shooting. I think I only accounted for about 100-125 rounds that day.

What would constitute Buckle Up Butter Cup 2.0? Not a lot left I can do to the Phantom. I'm looking to see if there's any tweeks I can do on the FNS-9C but haven't run across anything yet. Did see there's special tools needed for the FNS that I didn't need for the CZ 7.

Awesome! I think that is showing a huge improvement. Also, if it works better for you, and you might give it a try, try even a few more range sessions shooting 100 rounds instead and see if that works better for you.

Butter Cup 2.0? Hmmm....I'm sure you'll think of something!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Awesome! I think that is showing a huge improvement. Also, if it works better for you, and you might give it a try, try even a few more range sessions shooting 100 rounds instead and see if that works better for you.

Butter Cup 2.0? Hmmm....I'm sure you'll think of something!
    I dunno... It's 30mins., one way, to the range and 14 bucks range fee. Think I'm gonna have to stick with 200 rounds twice a week. I'm debating some sort of long gun OR a 22lr handgun for my next purchase one of those might be the lead in to Butter Cup 2.0.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I dunno... It's 30mins., one way, to the range and 14 bucks range fee. Think I'm gonna have to stick with 200 rounds twice a week. I'm debating some sort of long gun OR a 22lr handgun for my next purchase one of those might be the lead in to Butter Cup 2.0.

Sorry, I forget that some of you have to pay for range time. But do what seems to work for you the best. If you are comfortable doing twice a week and 200 rounds, keep at it.

A 22lr handgun would be a good Butter Cup 2.0!
    Or a shotgun!
    Or even maybe a revolver!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Sorry, I forget that some of you have to pay for range time. But do what seems to work for you the best. If you are comfortable doing twice a week and 200 rounds, keep at it.

A 22lr handgun would be a good Butter Cup 2.0!
    Or a shotgun!
    Or even maybe a revolver!
    870 keeps flirting and flittering in my thoughts

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    870 keeps flirting and flittering in my thoughts

Doug, this is simply an observation and opinion, so please accept it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I do like the Remington 870 shotguns, and have owned several over the years. Solid, and dependable shotguns. But from what I have been seeing coming from Remington over the past several years, I'd steer clear of the Remington's. If you really want an 870, I'd let things blow over a bit and stabilize and then start looking for an older one.

You might also look into the Mossberg 500's or 590's as well. Those are solid and dependable shotguns as well, and very much proven. The Maverick 88's are made by a company owned by Mossberg and those are really really good shotguns to consider as well.

Top Bottom