• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    You ain’t seen nothing until you drive the California freeways near L.A. or the SF Bay area. The crazy asians will load up at Home Depot and tie nothing down or, at best, they will use that free twine off the spool at the loading door. You will see patio doors, windows, lumber and all manner of crap flying out the back of their Toyota trucks and they just keep going. Probably scratch their heads when they get home wondering where their stuff went

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I was driving down the freeway one day and came up behind this guy who had a set of double French doors leaned up over his cab and tied in with twine. We were going about 70 mph when the twine broke and the doors went airborne; they flew right over the top of me and then smashed into a million pieces about 20 ft behind me on the center lane. Idiot pulled over and as I went by I could see him looking at the speeding cars to see if he could run out and retrieve it. Takes a special kind.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I was driving down the freeway one day and came up behind this guy who had a set of double French doors leaned up over his cab and tied in with twine. We were going about 70 mph when the twine broke and the doors went airborne; they flew right over the top of me and then smashed into a million pieces about 20 ft behind me on the center lane. Idiot pulled over and as I went by I could see him looking at the speeding cars to see if he could run out and retrieve it. Takes a special kind.
    So many folks really underestimate the power of wind. Or don't understand that driving at 70 is the same as sitting in 70 mph winds (worse if there is a headwind).

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    114 East from Bridgeport to Dallas used to be a big problem with rock haulers from Bridgeport. They seem to be covered pretty good now. Not always so.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    FUNNIEST thing I've seen falling off a truck: My Dad and I were driving through Mississippi and we kept seeing dead chickens on the road - one maybe every mile or so. My Dad says, "They must raise a lot of chickens around these parts." A few minutes later, we caught up to a semi truck hauling chickens. They had one of those small doors in the back door that sometimes get left open for ventilation. Every so often, a chicken in the truck would get too close to that door and get sucked out the back of the truck. They tried to fly, but could not get much going before they smacked the ground at 70 mph. I suspect that driver was fired after delivering an empty truck.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was behind a truck pulling a boat.
    Truck made a left turn, boat kept going straight.

One of the equipment rental places I managed and did field service for, the idiot yard hands that did the loading and unloading of equipment. hooked up one of our trailers with a Ditch Witch ride-on trencher loaded on it, to a customer's truck. Truck had a 2" ball, the trailer had a 2-5/16" hitch! About five miles from the shop, on the loop, the customer swerved into the other lane and the trailer came loose from his truck. Did about $4000 worth of damage to the trencher, and totalled a $12000 trailer.

When I got back from a service call and found out what happened, I was beyond mad! I reamed every one of them for that BS. My manager ended up firing the head yard hand. It wasn't the first "mistake" he had made that cost the company money.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So many folks really underestimate the power of wind. Or don't understand that driving at 70 is the same as sitting in 70 mph winds (worse if there is a headwind).
    One time I saw the wind pick up a lawn mower from the bed of a pickup and toss it into the middle of the highway. I'm pretty surprised that happened. I've carried lawn mowers like that, too.

Top Bottom