• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    Anyone ever use it? I bought some the other day and tried it out on a couple of pistols. I do have to say that the barrel came out pretty clean right away.

I didn't have to scrub it and that was nice. But, my concern more or less is should I still run a brush through the barrels and scrub? Or just leave as is? A lot of grime came out and some blue as well came out. I think that is the copper sediment. Not sure.

Any thoughts?
    Guns International

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I use it on 22 LR and any time I am shooting un-jacketed lead.
    Works very well.
    Also works good if you have been pushing plated bullets faster than recommended.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was patching it out, the following it with a patch soaked in Hoppes #9, a scrub with a brush and then patch clean with Hoppes #9 or repeat the Break Free cleaner (my Sig barrel was getting nasty). I don't feel easy with the thought of leaving any of that foaming bore cleaner in the barrel.

It works great for copper, so-so on lead.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Anyone ever use it? I bought some the other day and tried it out on a couple of pistols. I do have to say that the barrel came out pretty clean right away.

I didn't have to scrub it and that was nice. But, my concern more or less is should I still run a brush through the barrels and scrub? Or just leave as is? A lot of grime came out and some blue as well came out. I think that is the copper sediment. Not sure.

Any thoughts?

I ALWAYS run a bore brush through when cleaning any firearm, just to clean out any residue.

I actually use Simple Green to clean most of my guns. It works well, is CHEAP, biodegradable. I just rinse with water and lube as usual.

I ONLY shoot FMJ rounds, so I don't have to worry about lead build up.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Everyone seems to have a different cleaning routine.

After a lot of shooting, when I know the barrel is likely fouled with metal, I dry brush the barrel 5-10 passes, then a Hoppes soaked patch to get the big chunks out. Then I soak overnight in an old olive jar full of Hoppes. Then 5-10 passes with brush and patch. Then the foaming cleaner and let it set for 20 -30 minutes and finish up with jag-patchs. Usually takes 3 before they come out clean. I know that sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. Most of the time is just the soaking, and changing out brush - jag on the Dewey Rod.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I use it on all my handguns, and follow with bore brush, dry swab and then lightly oiled swap ... works great, tho I don't shoot a lot of lead ammo ...

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    Forgot to add this the other day. After doing the bore foam I went ahead scrubbed the barrels with a brush and then hit it with a patch. Bore foam does a lot but not that much.

Like most of you said is gets rid of the copper, but all the other residue does stay. Thanks for the info.

I shoot FMJ's as well.

Top Bottom