• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lumberjack98

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Katy
    I've been shooting here for a while and recently purchased an annual membership.

I received the following email at 10 pm on Friday.

Dear Valued Member,

Over the last decade, it has been our pleasure to provide Katy with a local family-friendly indoor shooting range. During that time, we have grown together in our passion for responsible firearm ownership and enjoyment of shooting. It is with a heavy heart that we inform you that the property from which the range operates is under contract to be sold. Due to this, we have to close the facility down at the end of business on Sunday, May 19th. Because you have pre-paid for a membership that you were expecting to utilize for a full year, we would like to convert an amount equal to the value of the remainder of your membership dues into a gift card that you can use towards an in-store firearm that will be sold to you at-cost. You will have until we close down on Sunday, May 19th to use this gift card. Again, we are truly sorry for this turn of events, and appreciate the years we have been able to operate in service of our community. For our time remaining, we will continue to do all we can to support you, our loyal customers, and if you have any questions, please reach out to info@boyert.com.

-Your Boyert Family

I went in yesterday and picked up a Hellcat Pro OSP with the gear-up package and a Holosun 407k.

I was told that it was purchased by a church and they would tear down the range.

The next closest indoor range is the recently opened Range USA in Richmond. I'll have to check it out once Boyert closes.
    Hurley's Gold

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Did they buy the property to put up a church building, or it is an investment property that they are tearing down the range as a political statement?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Used to work at Boyert Westheimer around 2015. It was super slow for the gun sales showroom. I’d show up at least 20 minutes early to work every day and there would be nobody to sell to. They cut me within the 30 day probationary period that all new hires go through due to “lack of sales”.

In reality it was a lack of customers.

They tell you not to further bug the already few customers they had if they say they’re just browsing, and then cut you for not selling enough guns lol.

It’s now a range USA and looks completely different inside in regards to the floor plan. I’ve heard range USA doesn’t allow rapid fire past 1 round a second so I never go there. I don’t shoot fast but I don’t want limitations if I decide to.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dietz. It has been around since ~1860 but New Braunfels is growing that way.

There is a lot of new development around Dietz! Sadly, as you said, it's probably an indication of its future demise!

1715783146296.png

Bracken will likely suffer a same fate...

1715784246673.png

Top Bottom