• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    It's the wife's fault, that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :usflag: She suggested that an older vehicle without any fancy electronics to track (and oh, EMP proof) would be a good thing...as luck would have it a buddy had one for sale at his dealership...and just like magic it now sits in my garage! it's a 1988 AM General M998 HMMWV outfitted with the (as far as I can tell) original 6.2 diesel and 3 speed Turbo 400. I've got the original two piece beadlock wheels - may use them later on. Currently it has aftermarket wheels with 38" tires - the wife likes the look so it's staying that way for now. It's got (mostly) black bed liner inside and out and aftermarket Jeep-style seats along with what is most likely a replacement aftermarket soft top and soft doors. It's got a few little things that it needs here and there but nothing major. It passed the Texas State Vehicle Inspection (it was owned / street titled in Arkansas by the previous owner - I hear that getting these titled the first time can be a pain in the butt) and I'm awaiting the plates. It rides like you'd expect. Handles exceptionally well for a large beast (although my wife likes to point out that her truck dwarfs the HMMWV ha! - she's got a GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Crew Cab long bed dually). I've yet to go off-roading with it but fun will defitneily be had!! Honk if you see me cruising around! Some of the pix are a bit wonky, but you get the idea...

tempImageQnW9xE.png
    tempImage1afDjs.png
    tempImagefG1Eu0.png
    tempImageYaxgBg.png
    tempImageJI2POm.png
    tempImageyTMzvy.png
    tempImageGfp28A.png
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• tempImageMg4NNv.png
      tempImageMg4NNv.png
      2.5 MB · Views: 59
    • tempImagevuGcj5.png
      tempImagevuGcj5.png
      2.4 MB · Views: 62
    Last edited:

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Looks like a lot of fun to drive. What's with the red and green lights?

Christmas!! LOL Just kidding...I added an interior light that has switchable white, red and green options...the red and green are good for not killing your night vision and I suppose a few other reasons too.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Sweet ride!
    Nice garage too. Wish I had one that big.

Thank you, on both accounts! The wife's "beater" GS Vette was sitting outside awhile back, she wanted hers to be garaged (my Z06 and Ducati were the selfish ones LOL) so I said "go find it!" AND SHE DID!! 1,600 sq ft of detached, bricked, insulated, finished out garage/shop!! Just a mile from where we previously lived, we LOVE this place!!

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Here's a better shot of the garage/shop...the pic above where the HMMWV has the doors on you can see the roll-up door, that's the "normal" 2-car garage. This pic is taken from there looking back into the shop, it's got a 10' ceiling. Behind the Z06 is the bay, it's got a 13' ceiling and turns to the right, it's 22' long or so, with a massive roll-up door, VERY bring lighting and a ventilation system (the previous owner did painting, there's brackets up there to hang paint curtains. We lucked out! The main thing is that we are in suburbia and have this - out in the country this would be considered very small by most accounts but to have this where we live is AMAZING! Many neighbors don't think we are ever home because they rarely ever see vehicles outside - even the long bed crew cab dually fits in there. One neighbor even sent me a letter: "I'd like to make an offer on your house since I see that you are never home..." LOL! I replied back - well, that's the look we go for, it's a compound, you never know, I'm home more than you think / know, not interested in selling, but thank you..."

Shop1.jpg

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    You have some very nice toys - but more important, your wife is a real treasure! Cherish her.

Thank you - I hate to admit it but there's MORE...LOL...I try not to show everything in the pix. One of my favorites lives at the race shop. It's a CanAm Maverick Turbo SxS full-on short-course racer. It's BEYOND fun!! I used to have two tube-frame race cars (think NASCAR)...that was too much fun LOL!

And yes, you are right, she is a real treasure! I'm playing Nurse right now, she had ankle reconstruction surgery last week and she's in a cast with a knee scooter so I'm doing my best to make her life easy and help her get on the road to recovery so we can both go play more!!

A few shots of the racer...

851A1535.JPG
    IMG_0591.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom