• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What did you dremel? Open up the feed port a bit? Cut down the sharp edges on the loading gate? There is always next month. Or Impact Zone in a couple weeks.

I started small, and just moved the hand guard forward a bit, since it was flush with the front of the feed port and was kind of in the way. I'm seriously thinking about radiusing the front of the feed port for a smoother transition into the magazine, but that's a bit bigger decision than just cutting back a little plastic...

I haven't really had any trouble with the sharp edges on the lifter. My thumb is just too big to get caught, but I still took a small file and knocked some of the sharpness down just in case.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I started small, and just moved the hand guard forward a bit, since it was flush with the front of the feed port and was kind of in the way. I'm seriously thinking about radiusing the front of the feed port for a smoother transition into the magazine, but that's a bit bigger decision than just cutting back a little plastic...

I haven't really had any trouble with the sharp edges on the lifter. My thumb is just too big to get caught, but I still took a small file and knocked some of the sharpness down just in case.

I thought the same thing until I had blood dripping down my arm and it hurt like hell every time I had to load a round after the first shotgun stage at 2011 TXMG. I sent the control package to a guy to get it cut down and rounded out. It makes a big difference.

I am going to be working on widening the actual feed ramp a bit one day when I get bored.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I thought the same thing until I had blood dripping down my arm and it hurt like hell every time I had to load a round after the first shotgun stage at 2011 TXMG. I sent the control package to a guy to get it cut down and rounded out. It makes a big difference.

I am going to be working on widening the actual feed ramp a bit one day when I get bored.

We'll see how it goes, but all the loading drills I've done, haven't had a problem. The only time I did have a problem was when I shot skeet with it (hehehe) and wanted to make sure my second shot was seated in the magazine... with my finger. Almost got me. Next time, I'll remember that the shell can fall out and ride on the lifter and it doesn't matter... And not to stick a finger into the loading port, thumbs only.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    We'll see how it goes, but all the loading drills I've done, haven't had a problem. The only time I did have a problem was when I shot skeet with it (hehehe) and wanted to make sure my second shot was seated in the magazine... with my finger. Almost got me. Next time, I'll remember that the shell can fall out and ride on the lifter and it doesn't matter... And not to stick a finger into the loading port, thumbs only.

Yeah I will just say from experience that I never want a sharp loading gate near my thumb when I am on the timer and trying to do everything at like 120% speed.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah I will just say from experience that I never want a sharp loading gate near my thumb when I am on the timer and trying to do everything at like 120% speed.

Eh, maybe I'm just used to having my fingers at hazard. Sometimes even I can't believe how comfortable I am working around the belt on a running engine... At the same time, there's a reason I don't really need to wear gloves to keep my hands from getting beat up anymore.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Welding the lifter helps a lot with the thumb biting, for those who have normal skin :)

SX2_mods_1.jpg

SX2_mods_2.jpg

Alex

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    That is what I figured...not an unusual mod, and very helpful. I didn't use to catch my thumb often, but when I did it was..memorable...

Alex

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    Regularly scheduled matches will resume in June.

Sheldon Carruth

No word on the 4th Saturday 2gun. As to whether it will be cancelled, "possibly". So please keep tuned in.
    Not that it affects me but I believe Carruth's quote addresses that.

In fact, it was Sheldon who said "possibly", because I asked him. And looks like there will be a 2-gun this Saturday:

We're having a 2 gun match this Saturday at BOTW this Saturday...without
    fail. Apologies for last weekend but it was much needed family time with
    Jacob. He had a great birthday, thanks everyone for understanding. Expect
    five stages with approximate round counts at 100 rifle and 100 pistol.
    Setup starts at 8am and the shooting starts at 10am. We need help with
    setup so come and join us for a great match. Hope to see you out there.

Lee

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    And looks like there will be a 2-gun this Saturday:

Lee

I'll be there! I need to run the "little fella" carbine some before the NRA TPC match down here the following weekend, so look for the guy with the 10.5" Noveske. They don't allow "competition" equipment at the TPC matches...

Or, if it gets cancelled again, I can shoot IDPA again. It's all trigger time!

-Randy

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not going to make the 2-gun. Got to watch a house and kids for one of my friends. Plus the steering rack in my car just puked and took out the power steering pump.

Might make the Texas Tactical carbine match next weekend, though.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I'll be there! I need to run the "little fella" carbine some before the NRA TPC match down here the following weekend, so look for the guy with the 10.5" Noveske. They don't allow "competition" equipment at the TPC matches...

Or, if it gets cancelled again, I can shoot IDPA again. It's all trigger time!

-Randy

How exactly do they define "competition" equipment? I run a suppressed OBR 5.56 for my primary 3 gun rifle. I might run my 18" gun with an aimpoint this weekend though for shits and grins. Really wish it was a 3 gun match, I need the shotgun work before the High Plains shotgun match in Oklahoma next month.

Top Bottom