• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Gotta admit it does look like more fun that paper targets sometimes.
    I wish I had a big piece of property and was allowed to setup an outdoor range on it.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Sounds like y'all need a little Tannerite in your lives. Punching holes in paper has always made me bored. Reactive targets even ones that don't explode are a lot more fun to shoot. Just have to find the ranges that allow such targets. Or of course some where to "plink" around.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    gotta hear the steel ring out when you shoot

reactive targets is just about all I have set up at my range. My whole family loves it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ive made a target from a house sign frame, dog chain, bailing wire, and a dummy grenade.

The heavier metal frame, stuck in the gound. Grenade hung off chain.

Since it was round. The only way to make it fly 90degrees back. Was to hit it dead on. Any left or right of dead center, it fly left or right.

I shot it up to 45Gap. No problem.

17hmr, melts through one side of the grenade like its armor piercing. But turns to dust after that. It really tore my target up.

Perfect for 22

"Sent from a jail"

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm not sure what they are called but they thread onto the top of a welding gas bottle to protect the valves

oxy%20fine%20cylinder%20cap%20red.jpg

I drove a sucker rod in the dirt and left about 2 ft sticking up and put one of these on there.
    the kids love shooting it. Sometimes it wobbles around and if you hit it right you can make it spin

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I just made this steel gong target for the ranch. A friend gave me plate last year. Hope to take it soon for 200-300 yd shots. Half inch steel plate, 3/8 in bolts, 3 ft of chain, pipe from a trampoline. All I need to do is paint a bullseye. :cool:

y6emuge8.jpg

yryqyqeq.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Yes, shooting does sometimes become boring.
    Going out and running an AR or bolt gun with a good optic makes it just too easy.
    That is why I have such a weird eclectic collection. The weirder and funkier the more fun and challenging it becomes.
    Much like deer hunters that go to the bow and arrow.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was gonna get in to steel challenge for a while, but then my on call schedule changed to the weekends when events were held.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I used to jack with police range instructors.

Start out 20yards. Run through a mag. Who cares where the rounds go. 15yards. Poke some holes so he knows Im ~atleast~ aiming for it.

At 7yards, id cut a 4" hole. No way to tell if it was from 20 yards or 7. No way to round count on the target, with a hole you can stick you fist through.

Perfect score.

Did the same in basic. Rattly pos beretta. And for some reason, the army felt the need to take you to 25yards. Then ending right up on the target. 5yards iirc.

Police firearm qualifications are a joke. Unless you cant shoot for shit. Metal targets would have stopped my asshattery.

"Sent from a jail"

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I'm not sure what they are called but they thread onto the top of a welding gas bottle to protect the valves

oxy%20fine%20cylinder%20cap%20red.jpg

I drove a sucker rod in the dirt and left about 2 ft sticking up and put one of these on there.
    the kids love shooting it. Sometimes it wobbles around and if you hit it right you can make it spin

That's a great idea....where did you get yours?

Top Bottom