• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    I always take my own booze when I cruise. I usually leave it in the bottle I purchased it in. I did it that way when I was 18 and I do it that way now at 36.

I do still purchase a few drinks a day and use the glass it was served in to drink my own, so I don't look out of place.

Do NOT leave your own stash out in your cabin, your cabin steward can be your friend or your enemy. Keep it in your suit case! Don't give anyone a reason to turn you in.

Drink responsibly, one drunken outburst can leave you in bad shape, I firmly believe some lost at sea cases weren't accidents, just asshats.

Just put your bottle, bottles, in a protected layer of clothing at the center of your baggage, don't drink to much and ruin you vacation.

Side note, My sister the goody two shoes youth minister brought her mesh scuba gear bag in through baggage. She is a certified dive master. Her dive knife was visible through the mesh gear bag. She was detained for 20 minutes or so after the ship had deported. They held her dive knife till we docked at our dive site, gave it back to her for the dive, collected it back as she re-boarded, and returned it to her as we debarked the ship.

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    Point of sister story above is cruise lines don't want to piss off their source of income. My pocket knife I walked in with and kept on my person for most of the cruise was 1.5" longer than her dive knife. If your careful, considerate, and keep it out of site you'll be fine.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I hardly remember if I updated this thread.

Anyway- my wife was successful bringing everything on - the recapped bottle of wine, lotion flasks, wine rack (bra flask), listerine bottle.

She drank most of it and even brought some back. Very successful.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If you are going to cruise, you might as well do it in style. There is no way for me to smuggle 5 days of beer in my shorts or baggage.

Cruises are cheap because they make their money on drink and play.

Save the cash for alcohol before hand, then let her rip. No way you can get a DUI on a cruise ship. (On the other hand drunks have been known to either fall or be thrown overboard).

Be well.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Which cruise line? RC has booze packages. Carnival had a package all you could drink for $40/day. Disney doesn't care since they charge enough for the cruise to make money.

Top Bottom