• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Your experience at Bombshells was..........

• Worse than what I have experieced at their other locations.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • About the same as what I have experienced.

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • Better than what I have experienced.

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • I hate theme resturants and will not go, do I don't care.

Votes: 5 50.0%
    • Should have taken young man to Panchos and seen how many tacos he could have eaten.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Glockster it is right across the freeway from the water park. Sits next to the Cheddars. Got a new cajun place behind it that used to be a Mexican restaurant, anybody check that one out?

I like Twin Peaks. The Texas Cheese steak is my favorite. Their location (Twin Peaks) in Webster is good also. Don't know why some folks think it is like a topless bar, they are all pretty tame and you see a lot of kids in them. The bar tenders are trainable. Spent the afternoon in one with an older gentleman friend who taught them how to make the perfect sidecar. We had quite a few as well as a good time. Herself even likes to go there on occasion.
    Target Sports

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And even beyond that arena a strip club is like paying Golden Corral to let you look at the buffet.
    There are some strip clubs with great kitchens. Very few, but some. If you live near one, the $5 tax on entry, a good tip for your server, and a $12.95 buffet makes for a mildly overpriced lunch with sometimes excellent scenery.

Or were you talking about something other than food?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Spent the afternoon in one with an older gentleman friend who taught them how to make the perfect sidecar.
    Please take that guy to every bar within a 50-mile radius of Spring. I rarely consume any alcohol but a perfect sidecar is a delight to which I occasionally treat myself. Unfortunately, most times when I order one I get a blank look from the bartender. When that happens, I immediately change my order to a soft drink.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    There's a very small Mexican restaurant not far from my home. Their... how shall I state this... umm... "views" are absolutely spectacular. And the food and service are equally excellent. I don't eat out often but when I want fresh warm tasty tacos... that's where I go.
    I see what you did and dats nasty but I feel ya

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    There are some strip clubs with great kitchens. Very few, but some. If you live near one, the $5 tax on entry, a good tip for your server, and a $12.95 buffet makes for a mildly overpriced lunch with sometimes excellent scenery.

Or were you talking about something other than food?

The St.James club on Rankin Road in Houston had an excellent filet dinner. (Say had as I have not had one in a year or two, might still be good.) Was <$20 for a big steak, salad, loaded baked potato, and green beans. We would go in and head straight to the VIP room and order it for lunch or dinner. We knew the waitresses really well so they understood the times we did not want company, or to wait on sending in companionship until we were done with our meal. They had a big screen up there, and only a few folks were allowed, music subdued, so it was a nice quite place to have a good dinner and conversation with friends and/or co-workers.

Please take that guy to every bar within a 50-mile radius of Spring. I rarely consume any alcohol but a perfect sidecar is a delight to which I occasionally treat myself. Unfortunately, most times when I order one I get a blank look from the bartender. When that happens, I immediately change my order to a soft drink.

I will try and get his recipe from him next time I talk to him and pass it on. Not a real expensive drink to make as he uses E&J Brandy as the base liquor. I remember a few years ago when Playboy had it as their number 2 cocktail of all time, but am constantly amazed how many people have never heard of it or had one. It is definitely a classic.

He used to have the bartender at Westfield on the Railroad in Spring trained in how to make it, but that was long before they changed management a few years ago. We tried to teach the bartender at that Mex place in the same parking lot as Hooters on I-45/1960 but he never got close to what we wanted.

A good bartender/bar his hard to find. Hence why I am still pissed that "The Whiskey" and 'Downing Street" have closed.
    smileynew1.gif

May need a thread someday on great bars we have visited. The Whiskey, the hotel bar at the Omni in D.C, Cafe Havana in Manila, Harry's New York Bar in Paris..............................

(Still waiting patiently for your review of Marfreless Ben, as I have not found the perfect date to take and check it out yet, but it's drinks were not why I went there.)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The St.James club on Rankin Road in Houston had an excellent filet dinner.
    Last time I was there, they still did. That was over a year ago.

We would go in and head straight to the VIP room and order it for lunch or dinner. ... They had a big screen up there, and only a few folks were allowed, music subdued, so it was a nice quite place to have a good dinner and conversation with friends and/or co-workers.
    The VIP is an excellent atmosphere for exactly that - everything except the primary reason most people visit a gentleman's club. Several things irritate me about the VIP at St. James - the silly reverse walk of shame with fireworks that you get when you upgrade for the night, the forced fawning from the manager to get you settled, and the incredibly higher density of security cameras in that area.

I still prefer it to the newer, more expensive VIP section. That place is more of a frat house on steroids and I mean that in the worst possible way. When a large group (say, a bunch of Houston Rockets) take it over, they invariably act like idiots and the service in the rest of the club goes to hades.

Just for the record, there are a couple in Dallas that used to have great kitchens, too, but it's been a long time since I've been to them, over a decade, actually. When I did visit them regularly, it was on business. I was usually stuck in the dressing rooms interviewing dancers, photographing them, or judging dance contests. (And then there was the one time I was invited up on stage for a performance...but that's a tale for another time.)

I think I know too much about this subject. Moving on...

:)

I ... am constantly amazed how many people have never heard of it or had one. It is definitely a classic.
    +1000

It's one of the few things I can drink and enjoy in a social setting.

(Still waiting patiently for your review of Marfreless Ben, as I have not found the perfect date to take and check it out yet, but it's drinks were not why I went there.)
    Marfreless was for when I was younger, thinner, and bolder. I doubt I'll ever go there again. Although...now that you mention it...there is this one redhead who gave me her number a while back. She turned 21 last month, removing legal obstacles to taking her into a real bar for grownups. She has somehow convinced herself that I'm riotously funny and I really enjoy her company. Most important, I know I'm not fully friend-zoned, so maybe she's a candidate.

I'll give it some thought.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The St. James was a better place for me starting years ago. (Even better before it burned down.) Can you still swim in the pool? Hunted Dove in those fields across the street from it a number of times over the years. Got the black card in the late 90s, and it has taken real good care of me since, no need for a nightly charge, buy a bottle or cover fee for me or my guests. Back then no cameras in the VIP or its adjacent private rooms. They knew our drinks and would have them on the way when they saw us. Now, it has been over done IMHO. Not a real fan of the second VIP, but never had a problem getting in it. I will say the group I ran/run with did not do the late night thing, we were the early afternoon to evening group when it was not as packed. The managers can be helpful if they know you. Buddy had a party there two weeks ago and the manager had it all set up ahead of time. I have only been to a few in Dallas, last time was for a trade show and the money flowed as fast as the drinks.

This is probably the thead jack that has solidified those misinterpretations of Bombshells, Twin Peaks, Hooters, etc. by those that are not as well versed.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The St. James was a better place for me starting years ago. (Even better before it burned down.)
    Quoted for truth.

Can you still swim in the pool?
    I don't know; I've never set foot out there. I'd hate to be there when a chopper lands, although from what I'm told they really only have one steady customer who always arrives by helicopter.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Reviews here are about what I expected. I've driven by the Spring location a few times, but haven't yet had an opportunity to stop in.

Top Bottom