• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Your experience at Bombshells was..........

• Worse than what I have experieced at their other locations.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • About the same as what I have experienced.

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • Better than what I have experienced.

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • I hate theme resturants and will not go, do I don't care.

Votes: 5 50.0%
    • Should have taken young man to Panchos and seen how many tacos he could have eaten.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ate at a Bombshells Restaurants and Bars last night for the first time. It is a new one in the north Houston (Spring) area that has been open for only 2 weeks.

I was intrigued by the strong military theme with the same business plan that was started by Hooters and has been refined by Tilted Kilts, Twin Peaks, etc.

Liked the decor and the choices on the menu. Gimmicky names for food choices, but I am fine with that.
    The prices were reasonable and comparable to others of the same genre.
    The waitstaff was for the most part cute in their OD outfits.
    Lots of TVs showing sports.
    Good Looking bar area if you wanted to eat alone and catch a game.
    Good location and going to get a lot more business from the new Exxon HQs when it opens.

However, the service absolutely sucked. Friday evening with a 75% full restaurant, I expected better.
    Club/dance music did not seem fitting to the crowd and was way too loud to have a decent conversation with others at the table.
    Food quality was mediocre at best. Bland queso and sauce along with the generic chips we had as an appetizer.
    I ate the 'Green Beret Burger' and could not even tell it had jalapenos and guacamole on it as described.
    Young man with us had the 'Gunner Burger' and was just ok with it, says a lot when a 14 year old boy in middle of a growth spurt does not finish the burger or the fries.
    Waitress forgot I was drinking un-sweet tea and I damn near barfed when I took a chug of the 'diabetes in a glass' she bought out as a refill. Finally found a manager who fixed that.
    I hate washrooms that don't have paper towels and are not properly stocked. Only 1 sink had soap and they only had a single hot air blower to dry off with.

Question for you DFW, SATX and Austin guys. Are your locations like this one? Can we expect improvement as it gets settled in?

On the whole, I think we got two visits for the price of one, first and last. Which is a shame as I think it has potential.

Right now I see no reason not to drive the extra distance to a Twin Peaks.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Darn it, can't edit poll questions for spelling :(

I hate theme resturants and will not go, do I don't care.

Should have been...............

I hate theme resturants and will not go, so I don't care.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The food usually isn't any better than a Chili's or Fridays.
    While I deeply appreciate women with low standards, I can't say the same of restaurants. Chili's and Fridays are pretty bad. Now, under the right circumstances bad food can be good; I understand that. But, still, can't we strive for better?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    With all due respect for fathers and their daughters... I do enjoy seeing and being near gorgeous young scantily clothed women. Hate on me all you want but, hey, I am a man and will be until I'm six feet under.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm indifferent to these places.

It just seems like they all have subpar service and food. When I want a hottie, good service and kick ass food I eat at home.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Never cared for any of them.

Food has been crap in every "breastraunt" I've ever eaten at, and when I go out to eat the food quality ranks high for me.

Aside from that, if I was gonna pay more due to a woman's looks, it wouldn't be for food service. And even beyond that arena a strip club is like paying Golden Corral to let you look at the buffet.

No interest for me.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Seems like these places put too much emphasis on the girls and not the food or service.

Being a married man that likes good food and service, there is nothing at them for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like to check out hot women. I just won't eat crappy food and get bad service to do it.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    There's a very small Mexican restaurant not far from my home. Their... how shall I state this... umm... "views" are absolutely spectacular. And the food and service are equally excellent. I don't eat out often but when I want fresh warm tasty tacos... that's where I go.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The food at Bombshells was better than your typical bresteraunt, but those places usually have very mediocre food so that's not a huge compliment. So I voted they are better compared to Hooters, Twin Peaks, etc... but I'd rather have tasty food and an ugly waitress than crap food and a hot waitress. I can see scantily clad hot women all over town for free :laughing:

As the father of an 18 year old daughter, those places have completely lost any appeal for me.
    My niece just started working at Bombshells :facepalm:

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    There's a very small Mexican restaurant not far from my home. Their... how shall I state this... umm... "views" are absolutely spectacular. And the food and service are equally excellent. I don't eat out often but when I want fresh warm tasty tacos... that's where I go.
    Warm tasty tacos or warm tasty pink tacos? Is that what you're tryin to say?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Warm tasty tacos or warm tasty pink tacos? Is that what you're tryin to say?

That was the inference but not really fact. I want both but they only serve regular tacos. Their manor of dress is... tantalizing... and makes me very hungry for more though. You think places like Hooters are racy? HAH!!!!:D

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Never heard of Bombshells until this thread, I'll have to try it. Where is the one in Spring?

Hooters food never was really good but it has gone down hill and I've not been to one in roughly 2 years.

Twin Peaks has good meals and bad but they seem consistently so between locations. The Hangover burger and pot roast are pretty tasty IMO.

Service ALWAYS comes down to the actual server. Smokin hot and scantilly clad or grandmotherly, it is the person and I tip according to service provided. Admittedly the hot ones may get a little extra.

I understand TI's position but it's not realistic and way overprotective. That said, I was accused of it often when I was raising girls. Happily I'm no longer raising kids, good luck to those who are.

Top Bottom