DK Firearms

Bolt shows respect for American on podium very classy.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    Very classy. It's a shame that he shows more respect to the national anthem than many Americans do every Sunday during football season.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Class act all the way, I remember when we were in Okinawa (deployment with 31st MEU) on Fridays they would play the Japanese anthem after the American during morning colors, it was customary to cut salute but continue to stand at attention. Some guys would complain but it was a simple act of respect for our hosting country, those guys were the same ones that if they were near a building or car they would run when they heard the warning so they simply wouldn't have to stand there saluting, never understood that.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...those guys were the same ones that if they were near a building or car they would run when they heard the warning so they simply wouldn't have to stand there saluting, never understood that.

That happens at a lot of military bases. When I was in A.I.T. in Huntsville, Alabama, several of the guys in my student company would run like rabbits into the barracks to avoid having to stand at attention and salute in the direction of the base flag, both in the morning AND the evening. While I was in Germany at my permanent duty station, several guys in the company wouldn't leave the barracks until after the morning and evening "ceremonies." One thing I'm glad of and that's that veterans can now salute during any ceremonies involving raising Old Glory. I got that chance one morning when I was outside one of the local ranges. There's a Marine Corps retired group next door and they raise the flag every morning. I happened to be there when they did, faced the flag, stood at attention and saluted. Several of the retired Marines noticed me and after the flag raising, nodded to me.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    They were doing a post race TV interview (not sure if live or not) with Bolt on the track when in the background, the Star Spangled Banner began playing during a podium medal ceremony.

As the interviewer was asking a question he heard it begin, pointed over and behind his shoulder in the direction of the podium (direction interviewer was facing) and he turned away from the interview and stood silent for the duration.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Freaking NBC blocked it... You'd think they'd want little clips like that out to get more people interested in watching. Guess not.

You sure it was NBC? I didn't catch that.
    If so, a MAJOR FU to NBC! I'd like to know what they gained by posting and then blocking. Incredible the levels of stupidity MM reaches.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    You may be right, it says IOC. But I'm sure IOC did it b/c of their TV contract with NBC. Why else?

"This video contains content from International Olympic Committee, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Sad state of affairs we have arrived at.

One athlete shows respect to The Colors, and it's a huge deal to all of us...

IT SHOULD BE AS COMMON AS WHITE BREAD!!! No matter. I now can say there's at least one athlete that I do respect. :patriot:

Top Bottom