Join TexasGunTalk

Boerne Responds to Accusations of Brutality

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by TX OMFS, May 30, 2020.

1. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The story said the officer misspoke and meant 51 in a 45. 6 over is a standard alert setting for radar and common everywhere which is why I set my cruise at 5 over. I have not been stopped for speeding under those circumstances in 40 years.

The only caveat being speed traps where the speed limit was lowered and I missed the sign change.

TX OMFS and toddnjoyce like this.
  2. dennisz

dennisz Active Member

She may have been coming down the frontage road by the RV park, I think it’s 50 there. I Wet back and listened to it several time with headsets on and I think he is saying 61 in a 50 IMHO.

3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I know where you’re talking about; pretty sure that’s a work zone and posted at 45 right now, except one little sliver past O’Reilly’s.

Without a transcript, I hear what I hear and really don’t care about this honestly. When I retired in 2016, I seriously considered an LE career for a bit.

Then I realized in every public interaction, the individual officer has to be a strategic corporal, even if you do everything ‘right’.

No thanks.

Axxe55 and dennisz like this.
  4. popsgarland

popsgarland MEMBER

Aug 24, 2011
    Garland, Texas

Not that I wouldn't go there if I was closer but it would be a long drive for me. It would be a day trip just to get there, turn around and drive home.

Axxe55 likes this.
  5. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    Ah heck come in for the bluegrass festival and market days stay the night and spend some money! Who knows you might meet demolitionranchguy. Hehehe

Axxe55 and TxStetson like this.
  6. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge Active Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I live pretty close and don't go there. It is a retirement destination for non-Texans and a tourist trap.

If you are an actual Texan and retired and live in that town, wasn't meaning to be disrespectful but with all those foo-foo shops, boutiques and California style places, hard to make me comfy there.

Axxe55 likes this.
  7. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    In all honesty I haven't been out that way in probably 15 years aside from just driving through. Basically like Gruene but bigger back then.

8. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    We love Boerne, and go there quite often. It's a nice town, friendly folks, and I can't recall ever seeing the police in action during out visits.

Sure, it's a tourist town; but that's because it has a lot to offer. If that steers some folks away, then good for them as I doubt anyone will notice. The place isn't hurting for visitors...

Axxe55 likes this.
  9. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I can't find anything about that in the penal code. Can you share where it is?

10. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    51 in a 45.