10.5 KB · Views: 39

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Those were some fine men. We should have gone right back in there and decimated some war lord azz. But Clinton was too busy being Clinton. A damn shame......
    I do not really know anything about this incident. I watched the movie. I do agree with the Roman saying. Civis romanus sum. I think that should be applied to American citizens and soldiers. I understand we send soldiers in harms way under questionable circumstances. But at the end of the day I think we should say F it. we sent our boys in there. We're getting them out. F you if you don't like it. That's probably one of the many reasons I would not be a good politician.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I do not really know anything about this incident. I watched the movie. I do agree with the Roman saying. Civis romanus sum. I think that should be applied to American citizens and soldiers. I understand we send soldiers in harms way under questionable circumstances. But at the end of the day I think we should say F it. we sent our boys in there. We're getting them out. F you if you don't like it. That's probably one of the many reasons I would not be a good politician.

I can't suggest how much one needs to read the book; 'Blackhawk Down'. From Amazon

On October 3, 1993, about a hundred elite U.S. soldiers were dropped by helicopter into the teeming market in the heart of Mogadishu, Somalia. Their mission was to abduct two top lieutenants of a Somali warlord and return to base. It was supposed to take an hour. Instead, they found themselves pinned down through a long and terrible night fighting against thousands of heavily-armed Somalis. The following morning, eighteen Americans were dead and more than seventy had been badly wounded.
    Drawing on interviews from both sides, army records, audiotapes, and videos (some of the material is still classified), Bowden’s minute-by-minute narrative is one of the most exciting accounts of modern combat ever writtena riveting story that captures the heroism, courage, and brutality of battle.

What's significant about this battle, biggest one since Vietnam War, was how little news coverage was made of it. Like it never happened. One of the soldiers killed was from Plano, TX and his name is listed on memorial plaque at city park.

Attachments

• 817OxAm5WrL._SL1500_.jpg
      817OxAm5WrL._SL1500_.jpg
      111.5 KB · Views: 6

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    And one of the ones who survived the battle went on to become a firearms training legend based out of Nacogdoches.

KTXdm9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2024
    Katy, TX
    And one of the ones who survived the battle went on to become a firearms training legend based out of Nacogdoches.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing the link.

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    For that alone you could be a good politician.

Joe

Top Bottom