• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    I was going to ask about that, it's the Carbon model (carbon upper and lower), any good? Have seen lots of meh reviews on youtube (hot barrel comments and the like).

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I can guarantee that non of these stores are going to get extras on any of these items. It'll be what ever they have in store. I absolutly HATE ads like this. Just like last year academy had the same mossberg .22L for $150 and the stores only had TWO!!! I'd like some of that 9mm, but I know there will only be whats on the shelf.
    I have gone to Academy the last few years for Black Friday. the ones I went to actually had 50 of each of the guns from the ad. They had 50 coresponding plastic bracelets that they gave out at the door. Once the 50 were gone they would tell you at the door. It was actually a great system. In the gun dept they had several tables set up to make the 4473 process go faster. I bought my son a .22 pistol and several others the past couple years.
    I buy quite a bit of the cheap 9mm from Academy and mine tends to stock several dozen cases of it. I dont know about other stores but Academy has a good black friday system.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I stopped by Gander Mountain to look at the Carbon 15. Not a single one on display and at least 30 people waiting to meet with the gun staff. (They have a "take a number" system.) Not a good sign for those who might want one.

Then I stopped by Academy, which had one, and looked at it. Pretty nice except I couldn't shoulder the tiny buttstock to save my life. Yeah, it can be replaced, but I have a fundamental "thing" about buying guns that need parts replaced as they come out of the box.

I talked to one of the guys behind the counter at a shooting range and he said that they had sold a few of the Carbons, but had trouble with the stocks warping. He did point out that it was a good price for the basic parts and you could build from that, but that goes back to my stance against it not being right to begin with.

It's just as well; I've never gone shopping on Black Friday in my life and would be happy to continue that streak for as long as God graces me by letting me live in Texas.

Houston G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Houston
    290563_180553592035681_100002431250816_342741_1730133666_o.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'd really like to pick up one of those Marlin 795s from Academy, but I'll be in Del Rio on Friday. There ain't squat in that town. I wonder if I bring the sales sheet from Round Rock if Walmart will match the price if they have it in stock

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Dicks had r700 varmint with bull barrel and xpro trigger for 400 after 50 Mir and other discounts

Almostbought the 308

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I'd really like to pick up one of those Marlin 795s from Academy, but I'll be in Del Rio on Friday. There ain't squat in that town. I wonder if I bring the sales sheet from Round Rock if Walmart will match the price if they have it in stock
    Did they?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom