• ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    msharley,

WOW. ------ Do you own a LIBERATOR pistol?
    (I haven't ever seen one anywhere except in the collection of the Military Police Museum.)

yours, satx
    Hey SA,

No sir.

Have had one in my hand (couple WWII re enactors used to come to the Pin Shoots...they had a bunch of goodies)

Never asked to fire it.....LOL About the size of a pack of Camels....

Later, Mark

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hey SA,

No sir.

Have had one in my hand (couple WWII re enactors used to come to the Pin Shoots...they had a bunch of goodies)

Never asked to fire it.....LOL About the size of a pack of Camels....

Later, Mark

Mark,

I really would like to find one in the cardboard box with the "cartoon" for my WWII display.
    (My Dad was USAAF during WWII & he said that they "air-dropped" several hundred of them to partisan groups that were operating behind German lines. He also said that he wondered if the pistols were actually received/used by the intended parties. )

yours, satx
    USA, Retired

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hey Axxe,

You are correct!

And you know (we will let others guess) who made them.

No! Google answers do not count...LOL

A real honest to goodness 45acp POCKET PISTOL!

Later, Mark

I can't recall exactly which GM auto plant made them, or one of the GM suppliers that made stamped steel parts for GM. Since the only machined part was the barrel and all the other parts were stamped steel IIRC.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    @satx78247 I'd still like to hear more on the Winchester 1911A1-GO you were talking about earlier in a previous post on this thread. Care to expand on the pistol and provide more information, or sources, or even some pictures possibly?

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Mark,

I really would like to find one in the cardboard box with the "cartoon" for my WWII display.
    (My Dad was USAAF during WWII & he said that they "air-dropped" several hundred of them to partisan groups that were operating behind German lines. He also said that he wondered if the pistols were actually received/used by the intended parties. )

yours, satx
    USA, Retired
    Hey SA,

Will keep my ears open....

Some of the older folk are passing....the LGS has been turning up some interesting items....of late.....

I'm thinking thousands were dropped to the French Resistance.......

The odds of the cardboard box surviving?

I do know the WWII re enactors are "accumulators"....they may "trade" something.....LOL(they have a Willy's a .30 cal. Browning, BAR, Thompson....and all the other "stuff" ......)

Later, Mark

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    SIG P-210
    598C93A5-13C0-4437-8B33-3CFB9DDF2426.jpeg

03EDF2B1-57D9-4A41-AC9A-1A762F317F14.jpeg

Less talking. More shooting!

Slackers

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Had the Nephew cut the 4" 625 down to 3-1/2"...for the "Carry Gun Class" at Armor Express...

Had the fiber optic & Bo Mar put on my Combat Commander Project....

Attachments

• 3.5 and 4 inch.jpg
      3.5 and 4 inch.jpg
      153.5 KB · Views: 69
    • Bo Mar Commander.jpg
      Bo Mar Commander.jpg
      103 KB · Views: 80

paladinmer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Potomac MD
    John Moses Browning created the Browning Hi-Power to fix all the problems of the 1911, which he also created. Then Dieudonne Saive perfected the Hi-Power. Something like 65 countries adopted the Hi-Power; a handful adopted the 1911. That said, they're both great guns.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    John Moses Browning created the Browning Hi-Power to fix all the problems of the 1911, which he also created. Then Dieudonne Saive perfected the Hi-Power. Something like 65 countries adopted the Hi-Power; a handful adopted the 1911. That said, they're both great guns.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    View attachment 259500
    We're not talking about this are we? This was a General Officer's (GO?) model (M15), built from existing 1911s by Rock Island Arsenal in the early '70s.

More info here- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M15_pistol

The article specifically mentions a high-grade finish.

First of all, Welcome to TGT. Stop over in the Intro Section and say hello to everyone.

Second, I did know of the M15, but those were designed and built by Rock Island Armory, and were extremely special Commander 1911's.

He spoke specifically of Winchester Repeating Arms making 1911A1's commercially. Nothing I have read in books, or on the internet shows that WRA has ever manufactured a 1911 either commercially, or for the military under contract. The only reference I have found is that WRA was awarded a contract in WW1, but the war ended and the contract was cancelled before they ever manufactured any.

sh801

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2015
    First of all, Welcome to TGT. Stop over in the Intro Section and say hello to everyone.

Second, I did know of the M15, but those were designed and built by Rock Island Armory, and were extremely special Commander 1911's.

He spoke specifically of Winchester Repeating Arms making 1911A1's commercially. Nothing I have read in books, or on the internet shows that WRA has ever manufactured a 1911 either commercially, or for the military under contract. The only reference I have found is that WRA was awarded a contract in WW1, but the war ended and the contract was cancelled before they ever manufactured any.
    Understood.

I suspect the WRA part was a "Somebody said" situation, and what the OP saw was actually one of these, the officer mentioned being long time military.

Just speculatin'.

Top Bottom