• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    More of calculated risk, IMO.....open mountain streams can be some of the worst in terms of contamination, as are stock tanks, etc. - but the streams are what surprises everyone, because they presume they're "pure".

I never understood that one. Hey look at this snow melt running down the side of a mountain. Passing all that flora and fauna, home to bacteria, algae and fish. Carrier of fecal matter and diluted urine, looks pure to me.....

O.o what?!?
    Gun Zone Deals

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So TR, I have to ask being that you know what you know, in an emergency situation, where the only water is of unknown source, what would you do? This might be a very broad based question, but just curious as to your general insight in a bad situation.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Not trying to steal TR's thunder here (I'm sure he'll chime in anyway), but I was taught that if you absolutely need water in the middle of nowhere, drink whatever is available. Better to give yourself a chance of living long enough to get to a hospital to get treated for what you drank than to certainly die of dehydration.

Top Bottom