• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I am seriously wondering when the prisoners (terrorists) we traded will show up in the news and then maybe someone will serve him up some good ole justice he deserves

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Unfortunately, the Big Green Machine has tolerated multiple cases of insubordination and Soldiers who have gone AWOL in a manner which could be considered desertion during this non-war. Never anything this flagrant, but when they have deserted stateside they have often failed to prosecute beyond a UCMJ slap on the wrist. There would be plenty of volunteers for his well deserved firing squad, but I doubt he's losing sleep over it.

Might have a better chance here: Taliban Charges Bowe Bergdahl With Desertion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Duffleblog is the epitome of military wit, irony, and sarcasm.

Hell, they advocate that the boyfriends of the wives of deployed soldiers deserve G.I. Bill benefits.

They capture the essence of military service -- it sucks, and embrace the Suck!

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Maybe the former detainees have tracking devices and explosives hidden up their butts so they unwittingly become "reverse" terrorist bombers against their own kind.:)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Get the wood chipper for him and his father

5d803507df7c9db7d9d1493871a71a.jpg

abntxn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Maybe the former detainees have tracking devices and explosives hidden up their butts so they unwittingly become "reverse" terrorist bombers against their own kind.:)

Did you ever watch "The Unit"? It was Delta-type show. Anyrate, one of the episodes had one of the "operators" get captured, so the unit traded a bad guy back for him in some back alley, non-DOD-DOS-DOJ-ETC-approved trade. The bad guys drive off and in the back of the truck the dude that got captured goes "does the State Departement know about this?" and the SGM goes "No, but the Air Force does". lmao.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    September 17. Not trial by Court Martial, but an Article 32 Hearing.

This will lead to a recommendation by the Article 32 Officer whether to go to trial or to pursue administrative action.

If the Article 32 Officer recommends Trial by Court Martial, the Convening Authority (almost always a General) has the authority to dismiss a Court Trial and seek administrative relief for the accused.

I don't see Bergdahl getting a stiff sentence. He will not be tried and sentenced to Prison. He will most likely be given a "General" discharge.

Any General who would approve of prosecution by Court Martial will end his career in the Obama Regime, especially after the Regime traded five heinous terrorists for a deserter.

Be well.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

This will lead to a recommendation by the Article 32 Officer whether to go to trial or to pursue administrative action.

If the Article 32 Officer recommends Trial by Court Martial, the Convening Authority (almost always a General) has the authority to dismiss a Court Trial and seek administrative relief for the accused.

I learned all that on JAG!

TheRedGoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    canton

I don't see Bergdahl getting a stiff sentence. He will not be tried and sentenced to Prison. He will most likely be given a "General" discharge.

Any General who would approve of prosecution by Court Martial will end his career in the Obama Regime, especially after the Regime traded five heinous terrorists for a deserter.

Be well.

I'd like to argue with this outcome ...but, you are probably spot on. The only hope would be for a general in the "I'm out, I don't care anymore...' mindset to be the one making the decision.

TRG

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here is the rundown on Article 99 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice...

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/mcm/bl99.htm

I don't see the Army letting him off lightly, but I suspect Obama during his last days in office will pardon him. Obama got personally involved in the "trade" for him and it would be a stain on his presidency to have him (Bergdahl) end up at Leavenworth.

Still, a conviction under Article 99 would prove that big Army wasn't trying to sweep this under the rug. Props to those who pursued this when some wanted it to simply go away...

And it would be some justice to the six that gave their lives in trying to find this MF'er!

Now if we could just hold accountable those involved in the "terrorists-for-Bergdahl" swap pushed through without any concerns over the lives put at risk by releasing those detainees from GTMO!

Cheers! M2

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Obama can't afford to let him go to prison. Probably a pardon. And call him a misunderstood hero. Both need to be prosecuted for cowardice.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Top Bottom