• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mindseducer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2024
    Houston
    Hello! Just wondering if anyone else has ever ordered a beretta pistol and it had a TON of packaging grease on it? Bought my first ever brand new firearm (beretta apx a1 tactical) and it had a ton of packaging grease. I’m pretty new to the gun community so I just thought it came oiled up and ready to go. Then I ended up looking like a dummy when it kept jamming and the employee told me it had packaging grease all over it‍ lol

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Hm, Guess I've been missing out.
    Only ever bought one new gun full of grease, an SKS back in the '80s.
    Guess all the others were made some where besides a Turd World country.

mindseducer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2024
    Houston
    Normal for all firearms. Clean it out as best you can with a paper towel, lube it up with grease of your choice and you're good.

My APX liked hotter ammo at first. 124gr nato is a good choice for the first 500 rounds
    Ok I’ll definitely consider that cause even after wiping it off and lubing it up I still had about 5 jams out of 50 rounds

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Any time that I acquire a new (or new-to-me) gun, I field strip it, wipe it down to bare metal, carefully inspect it for damage, missing parts, and proper assembly and function. Then I lube it and reassemble it. Then I go shoot it. Never assume that a new gun is ready to rock straight out of the box. I suspect that most folks here follow a similar procedure.

mindseducer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2024
    Houston
    Also i would recommend having another shooter try it. Polymer frame handguns can be very picky about propper grip
    Oh ok yea I’ve heard something like that before. I’ll try having someone else join the next time I take it to the range. Also I know this isn’t the place for it but I saw that m&p you were selling in the classified but I don’t have the privilege to reply to posts in there yet lol. I’d be interested to inquire about it if it’s still available.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Oh ok yea I’ve heard something like that before. I’ll try having someone else join the next time I take it to the range. Also I know this isn’t the place for it but I saw that m&p you were selling in the classified but I don’t have the privilege to reply to posts in there yet lol. I’d be interested to inquire about it if it’s still available.
    Unfortunately not, sold it to a friend already, sorry

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Maybe it's just a one-off thing. When I got my APX-A1, I just broke 'er open, put a bit of oil in/on the barrel, reassembled, and popped off a couple hundred rounds without issue. I don't think I even oiled the rails at all. And the only reason I really field stripped it to begin with, was because I had help to break it down the first time. Things were very snugly fit prior to getting broken in.

Top Bottom