Beretta 92XI SAO as an entry level competition pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    Just curious if anyone has one.... I've spent time and ammo deciding which pistol to double down on training with for potential competition use. I think my 92FS is the one I like most...but it is not cut for optics and I almost always make it a point to avoid the double action first shot. Does it make sense to buy the 92XI SAO to address these issues or should I just keep on keepin' on with my 92FS?

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Hard to call a 1000 dollar pistol "entry level", but given what many are running, I guess it's not crazy.

Still, if you want entry level, Ben Stoeger won national championships with a 92, no need to avoid the DA/SA if you're willing to train.

If the Sabbia or whatever model floats your boat and you want it because you want it, then forget about the details, get it and be happy, but if your primary goal is competition results from $1000, spend it on ammo, range time and classes.

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    Hard to call a 1000 dollar pistol "entry level", but given what many are running, I guess it's not crazy.

Still, if you want entry level, Ben Stoeger won national championships with a 92, no need to avoid the DA/SA if you're willing to train.

If the Sabbia or whatever model floats your boat and you want it because you want it, then forget about the details, get it and be happy, but if your primary goal is competition results from $1000, spend it on ammo, range time and classes.
    My 92FS was $650 when I bought it a few years ago. I finished rebuilding the engine in the truck my Dad left me about 6 mos ago and upon tallying up the receipts, I was over $8,000 dollars into it. Everything is so damn expensive now.

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    I purchased my first M9 while in the TN State Guard. Since then I have added another M9 and a 92G.
    I enjoy the Berettas, even as a 1911 addict.
    I really like my 92FS. It's fun to shoot, it eats nearly any ammo I put into it, and it's interesting from a history perspective considering it had to follow the 1911.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I really like my 92FS. It's fun to shoot, it eats nearly any ammo I put into it, and it's interesting from a history perspective considering it had to follow the 1911.
    They’re great pistols I’ve had about 6 over the years in my experience all were more reliable than any other 9mm I’ve had. I’ve since sold them all and totally vested in 1911s now I’ll get another within a year.

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    They’re great pistols I’ve had about 6 over the years in my experience all were more reliable than any other 9mm I’ve had. I’ve since sold them all and totally vested in 1911s now I’ll get another within a year.
    I really really wish I could stop buying guns long enough to buy a couple of suppressors. But DAMNIT it's tough.

Top Bottom