• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sidewayz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Decatur, TX
    Im going to order a new Beltman gun belt. I've been using a "gun show" cheap gun belt for too long now and think Im missing something by not having a well made belt. My dilema is about the optional stiffener. Should I get the stiffener or not? If your using one with the stiffener does it cause the belt to be any less comfortable than it would be without?

Will be carrying a new 1911 mostly in an OWB holster.

Thanks!
    Texas SOT

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    I've got 2 Beltman belts. A 1.5" and a 2", both with the stiffeners. I wear the 1.5" as an every day belt if that tells you anything about the comfort. I can't carry my CCW at work, but I do keep it in my office. I wear it to and from work, so having my belt on makes it nice in that capacity.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I have a 1.5" belt from Comp-Tac that has a Kydex stiffener and it's not uncomfortable to me. At first it felt like a barrel hoop, but it's breaking in nicely after a few days of wearing it. It is made with a little bit of contour to it, like if you take a belt you've worn a lot and lay it out flat, and it fits nicely. The only time I notice the stiffness now is when I buckle it, but that's not big deal.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I use a Beltman belt without the stiffener and it work great for me carrying either the 1911 commander, USPc or P2000. IMO you don't really need it as his belts are pretty stiff even without one. You could always call them and ask them. I've met them several times at the gunshows while stationed in NC and they're great people and would be very helpful (plus the girl that usually answers the phone has a very sexy NC accent ;)).

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've got a BM 1.25 and wish I'd have gotten the 1.5. But honestly it's pretty stiff and works pretty well with everything I've strapped on it with out being the extra stiff version. But that can't hurt, especially if you have an extra high rise holster.

Top Bottom