• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    What part of Austin are you located? I’m in the Mustang Ridge area. You’re welcome to come over and load some 45/70 using my equipment to see if you really want to go down that rabbit hole. I have a mild load that is fairly accurate but doesn’t kick like the factory ones.
    Several others have volunteered to help get you started, and they might be located somewhere closer to you. Finding someone to mentor you while you first get started is definitely the best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    What part of Austin are you located? I’m in the Mustang Ridge area. You’re welcome to come over and load some 45/70 using my equipment to see if you really want to go down that rabbit hole. I have a mild load that is fairly accurate but doesn’t kick like the factory ones.
    Several others have volunteered to help get you started, and they might be located somewhere closer to you. Finding someone to mentor you while you first get started is definitely the best option.

ANOTHER DOO SOURCE MATERIAL IS THE BOOK "THE A,B,C'S OF RELOADING A REALLY GREAT BOOK FOR THE BEGINNER AND VETERA RELOADER YOU USUALLY FIND ON AMAZON FOR LESS THAN $20.00!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Progressive with a case feeder is what I run. 500-700 rounds per hour. Freaking awesome. If your time is free it doesn’t matter though.
    Yeah, but in your chosen sport, you have to shoot a lot.

I don't know anyone shooting 45-70 who needs a progressive.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong, though. :)

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    A friend of mine at Austin Rifle Club that shoots a lot of 45/70 gave me load that does well. It’s CCI 200 primers, H4895 powder pushing a 300 grain jacketed hollow point. I didn’t include the exact powder load because that is something that needs to be adapted to your specific needs. But I can go to the range and shoot about 25 fairly accurately and not feel like I have been repeatedly kicked by a mule.

Top Bottom