Texas SOT

BCR Spring Camp and Shoot Invitational (Pic Heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'm not sure if I'm possibly, maybe, if the stars align, in . . . . or . . . . you just told me to FO!

:laughing:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I'm not sure if I'm possibly, maybe, if the stars align, in . . . . or . . . . you just told me to FO!

All I'm saying is that we'd have to see how you shoot and more importantly act. From your TGT posts you seem like you'd possibly fit in but we have to be sure.

Maybe one of us will see you at Hicksville.

SOliver

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Spring
    Yessir. KX3 on Noveske 7.5" 1/7 heavy barrel. Stamped Spikes Tactical lower, Spikes everything else.

It easily ended up being the second loudest gun out there (second only to the .50).

Not sure it kept up with the MRAD but it definitely came in 3rd.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If that were the case I couldn't have invited myself LOL. No, the requirement is that invitees have already participated in a previous shoot or hunt where I, my wife, or one of the 3 other event planners have had a chance to observe your actions and demeanor.

The success of the event requires a perfectly cohesive group to pull off so first time invitees have been well screened and approved by the group.

Dumbasses are not allowed, blowhards are not allowed, jackasses are not allowed (which cuts out about 90% of TGT'rs)

Not everyone can handle an entire weekend of awesomeness on such a scale. In order to create awesomeness of such a scale there are rules that have to be followed. a few of those are: We want zero fighting (a little friendly ribbing happens but once the line is crossed...) entry/exit gates are locked once the booze comes out and are not unlocked period (with the exception of allowing emergency vehicles pass which has never had to happen because of the careful way we invite). Once you have opened a beer/mixed a drink, etc.... you are done shooting. Period. You can watch from behind the line but not allowed to handle firearms until alcohol is completely out of your system. Not allowed to take pictures, videos, drawings, etc... of any part of the property (including gates, structures, wildlife feeders, stands, blinds, roads, etc...) outside of the range and designated camping area. There are more like general range safety rules that everyone should already know and follow but we try not to put so many rules in place that it kills the fun. All rules are there for safety of person first, property second. Violation of any one of the rules can result in head shaking disapproval from the group to immediate removal and permanent ban from the property.

Oh, and importantly, women who are not direct invitees (wives, girlfriends, daughters, etc... ) are allowed to do the day shoot but are not allowed to camp. For the weekends therapy to work we have to be able to cuss, spit, drink, tell lies, fart, scratch etc... without our women there to judge us.

Maybe you'll get an invite for the Fall (pre-dove season) shoot or for next Spring. I don't know. It's up to whether or not you have been screened and passed the no dumbass, blowhard, jackass requirement.

Seems like a reasonable set of rules to me. But I admit I'm a little jealous.

Looks like a hell of a time. How for out are y'all able to shoot?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    How for out are y'all able to shoot?

That's classified LOL.

No really, the range is a work in progress. 100 yards is all at the moment but its evolving. I have a lane picked out for 550 yard shots but a lot of work is going to have to happen to make it right and safe. It will be a narrow lane cut through thick woods, across a creek from one hill to another.

Hopefully some of the guys who live close and come out regularly will lend a hand. One good work weekend and we could make it happen.

Next weekend I'll be installing permanent target fixtures on 3 more rifle lanes and 2 pistol ranges.

Then pads will be poured for permanent, specifically built shooting benches.

Like I said, a work in progress.

Might also do something like Hickok45 on YouTube has going on:

I've already got the perfect spot picked out for it.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Not sure it kept up with the MRAD but it definitely came in 3rd.

We'd have to do a sound test to determine that for sure.

Guess you're just going to have to make another trip up next weekend.

It definitely hands down wins first place for most awesome muzzle flame.

The only things out there that beat it flame wise were the bon fire and the Tannerite with coffee creamer and they don't count.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX

All I'm saying is that we'd have to see how you shoot and more importantly act. From your TGT posts you seem like you'd possibly fit in but we have to be sure.

Maybe one of us will see you at Hicksville.

Jeez, if Glockster can qualify, then everyone here should make it. Lol. Heck, even TXI should be a shoe in.

Playing "CALL OF DUTY IX: DOUGHNUT WARRIOR" does not make you a "cop". -wakal

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Honestly, looks like one of those things where too many people would be detrimental to the purpose.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Multi quoting these things is likely why I didn't get an invite. :(
    I never drink and play with guns, but I'd never judge anyone that did. My philosophy is if you're the type of person that can't be trusted to play with guns after you've been drinking, you probably should be neither playing with guns NOR drinking.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I never drink and play with guns, but I'd never judge anyone that did. My philosophy is if you're the type of person that can't be trusted to play with guns after you've been drinking, you probably should be neither playing with guns NOR drinking.

Aren't you the guy who shot his doorknob playing with his gun not that long ago?

Top Bottom