• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    After 4 pages of flashlight discussion, I got to wondering what brand of battery was most popular among the TGT crowd.
    I prefer Energizer. It seems to hold up better under heavy use. Duracell appears to hold a shelf life better though. (my observation)
    Gun Zone Deals

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Rechargeable batteries 100%

For flashlights rechargeable LiPo's are the way to go I think.

Sanyo eneloop are the way to go in AA or AAA batteries rechargeable.

Now there's one charger to rule them all:

jetbeami4_05.jpg

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Surefire 123's are good but not the most economical out there.

sidebar
    after Ike I always keep a good supply of spare batteries on hand, and store them in my freezer. The cold and stable temperature will prolong the shelf life. And I know exactly where to go to find a battery.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I buy the alkaline batteries at Harbor Freight. When on sale, you get 24 AA or AAA cells for $3.99! D and C cells are 6 to the package and 9v are 4 to the pack. The regular Price is $5.99. The batteries have done a great job for me in Cameras, radios and flashlights and I use a truck load of them. In my battery stash, right now, I have 14 packages of various sizes.

I had a pile of Nmh rechargeable batteries and chargers but when I found the HF batteries, I retired them.

Flash

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I use a fair number of rechargeables of different brands; but I do pounce on the half-price deals at Radio Shack or other locations(ACE) for 'throwaway' AA and AAA batts. The Energizer Ultimate Li batteries are pretty nice, but you need a coupon AND a sale price to make the cost palatable. :) Duracell batts are a decent battery and I usually get a stash of those or standard Energizers at Lowe's when they include the $10 off coupon in a 16-20 pack that sells for $10 !

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I've had good luck with the Panasonic CR123A batteries. Got them cheap awhile back on Ebay and am still on the first two out of the package.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Rechargeable batteries 100%

For flashlights rechargeable LiPo's are the way to go I think.

Sanyo eneloop are the way to go in AA or AAA batteries rechargeable.

Now there's one charger to rule them all:

jetbeami4_05.jpg

+1 I am also a fan of rechargeables and that charger looks killer!

I use energizer AA rechargables on most of the electronics in my house. I also tend to favor Energizer lithiums as back up and for carrying in BOBs, EDC bags, etc.

For CR123s I usually get what I can find best deal on(ashamed to admit)

and I can't remember the brand of 18650s I use, but I have been pleased so far.

I also keep a shit ton of D cell batteries(lithium and/or Duracell/any bargains).

I like to bargain shop for batteries when I can.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    +1 I am also a fan of rechargeables and that charger looks killer!

I use energizer AA rechargables on most of the electronics in my house. I also tend to favor Energizer lithiums as back up and for carrying in BOBs, EDC bags, etc.

For CR123s I usually get what I can find best deal on(ashamed to admit)

and I can't remember the brand of 18650s I use, but I have been pleased so far.

I also keep a shit ton of D cell batteries(lithium and/or Duracell/any bargains).

I like to bargain shop for batteries when I can.

Sanyo eneloop are da bomb guys. Come pre charged and keep their charge off charger for a long time. Best, most affordable technology I know of in AA and AAA batteries for storage reasons.

Now if you use something, like a camera or flashlight you use all the time go ahead with the high capacity rechargeables.

discharge_new_eneloop_01.jpg

MOST NiMH batteries have an even worse rate of self discharge. A loss of 1% of its initial charge per day is not uncommon.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Sanyo eneloop are da bomb guys. Come pre charged and keep their charge off charger for a long time. Best, most affordable technology I know of in AA and AAA batteries for storage reasons.

Now if you use something, like a camera or flashlight you use all the time go ahead with the high capacity rechargeables.

discharge_new_eneloop_01.jpg

MOST NiMH batteries have an even worse rate of self discharge. A loss of 1% of its initial charge per day is not uncommon.

Are these the ones at Costco from time to time? or is there another source that you would recommend?

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    When I can't get Chinese generics on eBay I go with Rayovac. Their rechargeable AAs measured 1.7 volts when everyone else's measured around 1.5 (Despite the fact they are all marked, "1.2.") They also sent me the full value of a mini-mag I had in which their batteries exploded, with no argument or hassle. It's also pretty damn nice that they are usually the cheapest when buying real batteries (avoid crappy "Heavy duty-" they were heavy duty when they came out ages ago and have been eclipsed by much better technology.)

Definitely a Rayovac loyalist here.

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    Eneloops for my AA and AAA NiHM needs, and protected AW 17670, 18650, and 26650 for my li-ion lights. I use the Maha Powerex MH-C9000 to charge the Eneloops, and both the Pila IBC Charger and 4Sevens Single-Bay Smart Charger for li-ion batteries.

The Sysmax charger is interesting. I wanted to pick one up (not that I need another charger) but there have been some reported issues/odd behavior observed with the new Sysmax charger. To be fair the 4Sevens, when first released, was faulty. They released a 2nd version that fixed everything and I'm hoping the same happens with Sysmax.

Some links over on CandlePowerForums talking about this:
    JETBeam Intellicharge i4 - Page 3

BatteryJunction.com - SYSMAX (Nitecore/Jetbeam) Intellicharger i4 - 4 channel charger

------>New Jetbeam i4 Charger - 4 Bay Intellicharge <------- - Page 2

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Even with the high cost, I love Energizer E2, I hate searching for and changing batteries so the long life is worth the cost.

Top Bottom