• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • somthingoriginal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    SA
    Just found this and thought ya'll might be interested...

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

• Text size
    • increase.png
    • decrease.png

Steve Watson
    Infowars.net
    Monday, Jan 18, 2010
    The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is actively issuing directions banning private sales of guns without licenses at gun shows in Texas, despite there being no law to justify such demands.
    A caller to the Alex Jones show brought attention to BATF notices handed out at the entrance of theTexas Gun And Knife Show, on North Lamaar, in Austin this past weekend.
    The flyers (pictured below) state that anyone selling a firearm “will be asked to comply with” conditions including operating through a licensed FFL dealer.
    The notice also states that “Selling firearms in the parking lot will not be permitted.”
    “The lady at the front desk used her ‘mommy voice’ to get everyone’s attention.” Scott from Austin told The Alex Jones show, noting that the owners of the private building where the gun show was held were contacted by the APD and the BATF and directed to hand out the notices.
    Scott also told listeners that a petition in protest of the directions was being handed around at the show.
    180110gunsales.jpg

Other attendees posted the flyer on web forums. One poster noted:
    “Here is a public notice from a gun show in Austin, Texas this weekend. Do any fellow Texans know of any law changes that took effect recently that make person-to-person gun sales illegal? Has anyone else seen similar notices?”
    “It was not handed out in the parking lot, it was posted at the entrance of the venue.” The forum user writes.

“I spoke with the man who runs the gun show and he said he was told on Thursday to post this (the gun show was Saturday and Sunday). Of course, the owner of the venue has the right to prohibit almost anything he wants on his property, but that’s not what this notice says. It says ‘at the direction of the Austin Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms’ and that’s what bothers me.”
    The direction “asks” visitors to comply with its demands precisely because there is no law or regulation against private gun sales.
    Infowars is in the process of arranging interviews with the Texas Gun Show operators for comments on this issue.
    Watch Alex Jones cover this story on Yesterday’s show (begins 7 mins in):
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What a bunch of crap. Scare tactics, plain and simple. We don't want you to do this, even though it is not against any law. I wonder how many people complied?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    When is the gun show? if it's not over I say we throw a pro 2A protest or a rally or something. Scan it print it if you have one make a copy and send it in a WTF letter to a senator, congressman and the Governor of Texas who just so happens to like class lll weapons!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So why did you post in this thread, then went ahead and started yet another thread on the same topic?!?

And how can the TGS gun show in Austin be the "oldest gun show in Central Texas" when the first one was in December?!?

racerxinhouston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Houston,Texas
    So why did you post in this thread, then went ahead and started yet another thread on the same topic?!?

And how can the TGS gun show in Austin be the "oldest gun show in Central Texas" when the first one was in December?!?

I wanted to make sure my buddies that monitor the Houston forum saw what was going on Austin.

Why are you from San Antonio and you are patrolling the Houston forum? Are you a moderator or do you have nothing better to do?

X

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Isn't it a shame what the Capitol of our great State of Texas has become ? I know not what has attracted so many nitwits but maybe its time to move the Capitol back to Washington on the Brazos and let the liberals, lobbyists, dingbats and hippies just dry up and die on the vine !!! And by the way, give free tickets to Hades to the Austin PD & the ATF and see that they check their baggage, are wanded or scanned and herded on board.....ha ha

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I haven't been around for a while and the first thread I see is this one. Guess I shouldn't be surprised to see it going this direction. It's going the same way on most forums.

No one is being prohibited from selling privately, you just can't do it at this one show. The "agreement" between all parties makes sense if in fact there has been the significant problem of illegals and bad guys buying guns and getting popped.

I won't say anything more, but I'll post this. It'll be interesting what the NRA comes up with on this.

NRA-ILA :: Texas Gun Show Statement

Top Bottom