• ...and so much more!
  • texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    This is sad, sad, sad

Barack Obama has bowed before the UN over Arizona immigration law – Telegraph Blogs

There can be few sights more humiliating for the American people than that of a US president kowtowing to a foreign leader or to supranational institutions. Continental Europeans are used to this sort of thing after decades of dominance by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels, and have grudgingly accepted over time the gradual and undemocratic erosion of their freedoms. But most Americans fiercely defend their national sovereignty, and find the idea of giving international organisations a say over their laws and lives completely unacceptable.
    The Obama administration however has submitted a report to the UN Commissioner on Human Rights, South African judge Navanethem Pillay, which makes direct reference to a popular Arizona immigration law aimed at tackling illegal immigration, which is fiercely opposed by the White House, and is the subject of legal action by the Justice Department. The report references
    A recent Arizona law, S.B. 1070, (which) has generated significant attention and debate at home and around the world. The issue is being addressed in a court action that argues that the federal government has the authority to set and enforce immigration law. That action is ongoing; parts of the law are currently enjoined.
    The highly controversial reference to the Arizona law serves only one purpose – to gain UN and international support for the Obama administration’s position in the face of mounting opposition from Arizona legislators and a majority of the American people. A recent Rasmussen poll showed 61 percent of Americans backing Arizona-style laws for their own states, and just 28 percent supporting a Justice Department challenge .
    By doing so, Obama officials undoubtedly hope to stir up international condemnation of the Arizona policy in advance of the UN General Assembly meetings in September, which they believe will increase pressure on Arizona to back down. It is a highly cynical move that speaks volumes about the Obama team’s willingness to undercut American sovereignty and popular will on the world stage.
    This approach has rightly been strongly condemned by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, who described the Arizona reference in the government report as “downright offensive”, and called on it to be removed. The State Department has just announced that it will stand by its decision to include Arizona in its UN submission, with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton strongly in favour of it.
    It is important to note that the Obama administration’s report to the United Nations will go before the UN Human Rights Council, which includes in its current membership some of the world’s worst human rights abusers. The likes of China, Cuba, Libya, Russia, and Saudi Arabia, will have a right to pass judgment over the Arizona immigration law, a humiliation for a great superpower before some of the most brutal regimes on the face of the earth.
    Over the course of the last 19 months, Barack Obama has bowed before Emperors and Kings, and apologised for his country on numerous occasions, from Cairo to Strasbourg. By deliberately placing the immigration policy of a US state before the Human Rights Council, he is now bowing before the United Nations, and undercutting the sovereignty of his own nation. This is not leadership but a surrender of US interests before a declining world body that is a hotbed of anti-Americanism, and a bully pulpit for many of the world’s most odious tyrants. It is also yet another example of an imperial-style presidency that is increasingly out of touch with the American people and public opinion.
    Venture Surplus ad

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I just found and read the entire report.

I guess it's how your mindset is at the time, but to me it read more like an explanation of the belief's of the United States and the rights of all American citizens. It only briefly mentions the Arizona bill and that it is currently in the courts. I'm guessing the whole situation is pretty big news oversea's.

Here's a link to it:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/146379.pdf

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    the point is O-JACKA$$ decided to Rat out AZ for some NON-HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS that have NOT been implemented NOR have taken place in a report to the U.N.!!! WTF??? not to mention this is the "UNITED" States!! and here we stand "UNITED" and protect each other!! but NOT O-SH-TA$$, FOR HE IS NOTHING BUT A "DIVIDER-N-CHIEF"!!!!!!! I can not wait till he's BOUNCED OUT ON HIS HEAD in 2012!!!!!!!:patriot:

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    the point is O-JACKA$$ decided to Rat out AZ for some NON-HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS that have NOT been implemented NOR have taken place in a report to the U.N.!!! WTF??? not to mention this is the "UNITED" States!! and here we stand "UNITED" and protect each other!! but NOT O-SH-TA$$, FOR HE IS NOTHING BUT A "DIVIDER-N-CHIEF"!!!!!!! I can not wait till he's BOUNCED OUT ON HIS HEAD in 2012!!!!!!!:patriot:

TS, I HATE it when you hold back...please, let it out, tell us how you really feel...

The fact that this was even brought up to the UN should be waving BIG F'ING RED FLAGS as to who this guy answers to...and it is NOT the American People!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Hey WT, again whats with the big CONDOM hanging in your front yard from that tree??

That's a picture of the Christmas lawn decoration I use every year to piss of the liberal school teacher from across the street who hates guns and hunting. It's one of Santa's reindeer who got shoot and is hung up to bleed out. If you were from Texas and not Commiefornia, you would KNOW these things...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    That's a picture of the Christmas lawn decoration I use every year to piss of the liberal school teacher from across the street who hates guns and hunting. It's one of Santa's reindeer who got shoot and is hung up to bleed out. If you were from Texas and not Commiefornia, you would KNOW these things...

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I can assure you when the fighting starts, you'd rather have ME fighting next to you than one of those FLAMING LIBTURDS driving around Austin w/ the O-BUMMER sticker on the bumper of its car!!

Oh, HELL yes!!! We ALREADY know that! Even with your pink AR that you are holding for CW....

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Pink is fine, I just hope he remembers to take the magazine lock off it.

Know the difference between a mistress, a prostitute and a Jr League wife?....

When you're in bed with them the mistress is screaming "this is wonderful, this is AWESOME'...and the prostitute is saying "Better hurry or it's gonna cost you another $50"

And the Jr League wife is saying "Pink....I think I'll paint the ceiling PINK..."

Top Bottom