Banned from Facebook...for the fifth time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1719773435126.png

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I tried it awhile years ago. I found my best friend from age 6 to 18, reconnected and text each other almost daily and occasional lunch. Is just like old times the way we interact even after 71 years. Other than that FB got old pretty fast so don’t login.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I've been off Facebook for a number of years, while I was on it, it was nice to be in contact with family and old friends. In fact I created a group page of my home town, started putting people from my high school, that group took off. It was called "you are probably from...... if you remember", once people started remembering stuff we did in that town it went viral. You had to turn off notifications because it was comment after comment. It grew so fast I think by the time I left it to someone when I quit there was about 2,500 people. That I miss but one time my wife was involved in a court case and lawyers brought pages printed out from her pages. That's when I quit because anyone could check your pages, I know there is security you can apply but somehow lawyers who weren't on her friends list got in there.

glenbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I use it and find some joy almost daily posting memes critical of obiden, and especially, big mike. It really pisses off some of my distant relatives.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I'm probably a minority, but I have zero social media presence unless you consider here a social media.

Although I've thought of joining X since Elon took it over or maybe Truth Social. Haven't yet though.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I still have a FB. We'll not the original one I started with. Thay account is gone, but now I have an account specifically for using the marketplace. There isn't a better option if you are into buying second hand shit.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have a Facebook account and have basically never used it. I will use it in a few years when I prepare to attend my 50 year high school reunion; all those folks communicate almost exclusively through Facebook.

However, maybe I won't be allowed to use it much. They don't like firearm folk over there.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I have a Facebook account and have basically never used it. I will use it in a few years when I prepare to attend my 50 year high school reunion; all those folks communicate almost exclusively through Facebook.

However, maybe I won't be allowed to use it much. They don't like firearm folk over there.

My wife keeps telling me than I need to get on facebook for that same reason.
    As far as I am concerned, if people that only comunicate through Freakbook need to reach out to me, they need to suck it up and call or email me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Enforcement of "community standards" is all over the place. Some people get targeted while others seemingly get away with posting anything (not just gun related). I'm in several gun groups on FB and for the most part it's been hassle free. My duck groups get harassed more than the gun groups do.
    Selling, trading, or butchering animals violates the rules
    jackoff.gif

so just use it however you like and don't worry if you get booted....

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Enforcement of "community standards" is all over the place. Some people get targeted while others...
    If that's the case (Yes, I know you're right about this.) then how stupid can they be to interfere with the facebook account of an Olympic medal winner? Sometimes it seems like they want bad publicity.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas

I have a FB account from way back when. I used it some then learned how to search. Did a search for a longtime friend since 1st grade and all way thru school. Best friends. Upon graduation in 1967 I went to Marines and he went off to college., We lost contact for 30 years until FB reconnected us a few years ago. We met for lunch and although we've both obviously aged, it was just like old times immediately, hugs were in order. Although the miles separate us (Granbury vs Dallas), we text almost every day.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    When I was on Facebook I found a neighbor from elementary school. Her daughter lived in the neighborhood near where we bought a house. Months later the neighbor and her daughter came to visit. Wow over 40 years it was surreal having her over and talking about old times.

Top Bottom