• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Lately, I think because of all the unrest in our country, I've getting more serious about putting together a BOB.

Not one that would support weeks in the wilderness, but just something to grab and know you're prepared to deal with what comes at you.

Got an E-Flyer from LAPG, and this bag looks like a good deal. What do you all think.

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I like it and for 20. bucks, I don't think it can be beat. Thanks for the link.

That's for damn sure that you can't beat 20 bucks... Ok so the next question is what is everyone putting into their bailout bag?

Do you load it with EU Euros seeing as the dollar doesn't hold value worth shit and if you need a bailout something reliable might be essential?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That's for damn sure that you can't beat 20 bucks... Ok so the next question is what is everyone putting into their bailout bag?

Do you load it with EU Euros seeing as the dollar doesn't hold value worth shit and if you need a bailout something reliable might be essential?

I think I'll wait until I get the bag and see what fits. But I'm thinking my G19, with three mags. One in the gun and two extras, A knife, some water, some power-snack bars, flash light, some para-cord, a small radio, some toilet paper, small first aide kit. Extra clothing items maybe, but some sort of shoe cover-up boot would be good.

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    BOB's are something everyone needs, and 20 bucks is a great price. I have a family of 5 so my main BOB that I keep in the hall closet is alot bigger than that bag, but for 1 or 2 people it perfect.

I don't even think I could list all the stuff in mine, it consists of a backpack (full) attatched to a duffel (15"x15"x34" also full) but I try to keep everything I would need to make it for my family and myself for a month, and the supplies I would need after that (if needed) to be able to hunt, fish, cook, filter water, start a fire, build limited structures, and protect ourselves.

I need to make a couple smaller BOBs to put in my wife's car and mine, just haven't done it yet.

The hardest part for me is getting all the stuff for the BOB and not ever touch it. Some of its pretty good stuff ... lol

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    BOB's are something everyone needs, and 20 bucks is a great price. I have a family of 5 so my main BOB that I keep in the hall closet is alot bigger than that bag, but for 1 or 2 people it perfect.

I don't even think I could list all the stuff in mine, it consists of a backpack (full) attatched to a duffel (15"x15"x34" also full) but I try to keep everything I would need to make it for my family and myself for a month, and the supplies I would need after that (if needed) to be able to hunt, fish, cook, filter water, start a fire, build limited structures, and protect ourselves.

I need to make a couple smaller BOBs to put in my wife's car and mine, just haven't done it yet.

The hardest part for me is getting all the stuff for the BOB and not ever touch it. Some of its pretty good stuff ... lol

Oooh I like the idea of a BOB in a smaller version in the trunk of a car... Since you'd already be carrying or have a car piece do you think that you'd have a separate piece in the BOB or maybe just a handful of rounds for a potential piece...

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Oooh I like the idea of a BOB in a smaller version in the trunk of a car... Since you'd already be carrying or have a car piece do you think that you'd have a separate piece in the BOB or maybe just a handful of rounds for a potential piece...

My thinking is, maybe you have a weapon on you. maybe you don't. but my BOB will have a hand gun. In my case a G19 and three loaded mags (I think, it's not put together yet). Put in the weapon of choice. G19 for me is perfect for this. Inexpensive, reliable, easy to shoot and easy to carry if you decide to stuff it in your pocket with the appropriate holster.

Jerico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Tomball
    Lately, I think because of all the unrest in our country, I've getting more serious about putting together a BOB.

Not one that would support weeks in the wilderness, but just something to grab and know you're prepared to deal with what comes at you.

Got an E-Flyer from LAPG, and this bag looks like a good deal. What do you all think.

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

I have this bag at the house and use it for a range bag. It is pretty good quality and feels like it will take a beating. I do wish it had a little padding in it. The velcro in side the pistol compartment is nice for velcro holsters (I picked up a couple from Maxpediton and some mag retainers) I can easily get my G 26 and G 30 in that compartment alone.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    My thinking is, maybe you have a weapon on you. maybe you don't. but my BOB will have a hand gun. In my case a G19 and three loaded mags (I think, it's not put together yet). Put in the weapon of choice. G19 for me is perfect for this. Inexpensive, reliable, easy to shoot and easy to carry if you decide to stuff it in your pocket with the appropriate holster.

I'm thinking a 38 special or a 357 wheelgun would be the perfect BOB pistol...

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    If you're thinking about bail out bags, you should also think about how they will be used. Is this something you are just going to tote from your closet to your vehicle? Or is this something you could see yourself walking/running all over God's green earth with? I'm a backpack fan for this reason. I can grab it by the shoulder strap or grab handle on top for just getting it from the house to the car, or they can be comfortably worn on the back for extended periods on foot. I think they are more comfortable and easier to move/maneuver with. If you expect to be shooting with this thing in tow, I would rather have it secure on my back with free access to the gear on both of my hips.

Either way, $20 is hard to beat. I'm sure you could find some use for it!

Just one more thing to think about...:confused:
    -Randy

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    If you're thinking about bail out bags, you should also think about how they will be used. Is this something you are just going to tote from your closet to your vehicle? Or is this something you could see yourself walking/running all over God's green earth with? I'm a backpack fan for this reason. I can grab it by the shoulder strap or grab handle on top for just getting it from the house to the car, or they can be comfortably worn on the back for extended periods on foot. I think they are more comfortable and easier to move/maneuver with. If you expect to be shooting with this thing in tow, I would rather have it secure on my back with free access to the gear on both of my hips.

Either way, $20 is hard to beat. I'm sure you could find some use for it!

Just one more thing to think about...:confused:
    -Randy

That is definitely something that makes ya think... I think I too would probably prefer a backpack over just a bag...

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere

What I've been thinking about for a small BOB for our cars is something like a Rossi .38 spl or .357, I already have one I picked up from Academy last year and I was suprised that after more than 900 rounds through it that I have not had a single problem with it. It suprised me because I picked it up because it was on sale for $249.00 (regular price is $279.00) and I thought that it would be something that would be good for my wife, and son to practice with, but didn't think it was going to be as reliable as it turned out to be. So I'm thinking of getting a couple more of 'em and keeping them in the car BOBs since their cheap enough that I'm not going to worry too much about them, plus I'll usually have my carry piece on me, and that way there will always be something in the car for any situation. Throw in a couple boxes of ammo, and few basic supplies, and your ready if you get into a situation away from the house.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That is definitely something that makes ya think... I think I too would probably prefer a backpack over just a bag...

I thought about the back pack as well. LAPD has those too at reasonable prices, and I might reconsider. It would be a big advantage if you had to hike any long distances, especially off road. It would let you still have two hands to do other things with.

That bag I was looking at comes with a shoulder strap, so that does help with carrying. And for this particular BOB, I'm more thinking of something with the bare essentials, not a wilderness survival pack. For situations like say there is some street rioting or some such in you area, and you just want to get away from it until it quiets down. Throw the wife and the bag in the car and know you've got a few tools to keep you going. Better than saying... "okay we're going to leave for awhile, what do we need to take"

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I thought about the back pack as well. LAPD has those too at reasonable prices, and I might reconsider. It would be a big advantage if you had to hike any long distances, especially off road. It would let you still have two hands to do other things with.

That bag I was looking at comes with a shoulder strap, so that does help with carrying. And for this particular BOB, I'm more thinking of something with the bare essentials, not a wilderness survival pack. For situations like say there is some street rioting or some such in you area, and you just want to get away from it until it quiets down. Throw the wife and the bag in the car and know you've got a few tools to keep you going. Better than saying... "okay we're going to leave for awhile, what do we need to take"

RUSH 72 Backpack | Bags / Backpacks | 5.11 Tactical

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Navyguy, I have the exact bag as my range/BOB, you wont go wrong, I still don't have mine all the way filled. Its nice and sturdy and very well made.

fnmedallion

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    haslet texas
    being tied to a host of medicines and an oxy tank i'm afraid i will have to make my stand here until either my ammo or my air runs out

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom