• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I've had a badass pair of boots for quite awhile, several years, but they're getting pretty beat to hell and tore up. I think they're one of these, but I aint sure.
    Rocky Branson Roper Round Toe Western Boots, 0002732, Rocky - Rocky Outdoor Gear
    Rocky Branson Roper Protective Toe Western Boots, 0006732 , Rocky - Rocky Outdoor Gear

Soon, the time will come where I will need a new pair. I will need them for hunting, work, walkin around town, etc. I want a good rubber sole, "pull on" style(not lace up)and waterproof as possble. What do yall recommend?

btw, I got to looking on Ariat's website and found these I think I like
    Work Boots Sierra H2O - Ariat
    Safety Sierra H2O St - Ariat

Also, are there any downsides to steel toe?

Yall help me out, let's hear it.
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The only downside to steel toe is weight, and remeber that if your toes rub they are not going to loosen up over time so make sure there is room in the toe of the boot. I have worn only steel toe for years now, you get used to the extra weight. They also have composite toe now which pass all ansi tests but weigh much less and cost more. The most comfortable pair i had were doc martin steel toe. They had a sneaker type sole that was rounded on the heal unlike regular work boots and were completly water proof which is a big plus for me. I got about a year out of them before the sole began to seperate but i usually wear through the toe of other boots much sooner. The docs have a rubber ''cap'' at the toe which protects the leather. They were about 175 at academy. They did very well compared to the wolverines i have had for a year now with the steel to showing through the leather for several months. Also the docs didn't realy have to be broke in, very comfortable from the start. And they were pull on.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Your first two links just show this, it might just be my phone though...

�`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$@�����iG#)�*��eVe]f@� 흼��{���{��;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ! ���? ~|?"~������7����t�.���WO����m��{'w�>} �4������x'}Sgh�j��w�(�h�Gw�^]]�����Ww��.^�_�[���}tD]s����,g��Ç��Gi�-/>�(_~���_$�f�3�G�MO�&O�u~������IU��xZ-�~����e�|��y��G�lY-�iF���e]���v�i�fE�������Owv������{{w_��'| ��~U���]/g�o�|{�y���r� `*F�O[�e~�o��v�o��vJo�����T�����r�Ϊ�N? ��]��,����Ѻ��죓 j���v���*�(��_�} ������t:��&o?[����j�-��>z�__U��|{�l����麽 6�������} �x�d`��U;�_�'UFs7r���<# WD���ɸx�* �C?��\a�t6}�5�A3/j��̽� ���}�Q����Ӊ �Yfos�#Jԏgy3���cG�/��Ǎ��m٤i���0����^�N&�yU��u�����"�ț��� %>�?�-1�g�7w�mKsP�J�Ґk�И��>�(+�~�b��ӏ�� \����.�7F����G(��Ѡ��yk�r} ��l�V�EY2��Ly�Og��| �Q��S�O��~�:���? �|tD�r+��c��;`>f0G�3��U��9��

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Your first two links just show this, it might just be my phone though...

�`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$@�����iG#)�*��eVe]f@� 흼��{���{��;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ! ���? ~|?"~������7����t�.���WO����m��{'w�>} �4������x'}Sgh�j��w�(�h�Gw�^]]�����Ww��.^�_�[���}tD]s����,g��Ç��Gi�-/>�(_~���_$�f�3�G�MO�&O�u~������IU��xZ-�~����e�|��y��G�lY-�iF���e]���v�i�fE�������Owv������{{w_��'| ��~U���]/g�o�|{�y���r� `*F�O[�e~�o��v�o��vJo�����T�����r�Ϊ�N? ��]��,����Ѻ��죓 j���v���*�(��_�} ������t:��&o?[����j�-��>z�__U��|{�l����麽 6�������} �x�d`��U;�_�'UFs7r���<# WD���ɸx�* �C?��\a�t6}�5�A3/j��̽� ���}�Q����Ӊ �Yfos�#Jԏgy3���cG�/��Ǎ��m٤i���0����^�N&�yU��u�����"�ț��� %>�?�-1�g�7w�mKsP�J�Ґk�И��>�(+�~�b��ӏ�� \����.�7F����G(��Ѡ��yk�r} ��l�V�EY2��Ly�Og��| �Q��S�O��~�:���? �|tD�r+��c��;`>f0G�3��U��9��

i just clicked on them again and they worked fine.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    ive had every boot out there, the top three for me would be ariats, justins, or rockys. these were in steel toe or composite toe, i cant wear any other type of boot, unless its steel or composite. they just feel weird to me, like im barefoot.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I had the old Rocky Cornstalkers. Best pair of boots I ever owned.
    Currently on year 5 with Danner. I walk rugged terrain doing land survey work and driving markers with a hammer. Soles are getting slick but no tears or cracks, no loose stitching. My experience is with lace-ups and may not apply. Just brands I've had good service from.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    oh, mine were all slip ons, cowboy/wellington style. i dont wear anything with a lace, because they disappear fast, when snagged or burnt.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    I have been looking for some decent work boots as well. Do you guys know of anywhere in Houston that would stock those kinds of boots. I dont want to guess at the size I would need.

Top Bottom