• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    I just wanted to warn TGT members about a negative experience that I had with Lucy Creek Arms in Lampasas, Texas.

The owner Tim Miller appears to be a very nice person and makes a great first impression. I met him through a mutual friend (that recently also had a bad experience at Lucy Creek Arms). Mr. Miller is a very knowledgeable instructor and I learned a lot at his 1 day defensive handgun class back in April. His instructional classes are priced fairly competitively and instructed well.

Now the bad part….

In March I asked Mr. Miller to order a STAG Model 3 directly from the manufacturer. Mr. Miller ensured me that this order should take no more than 5 weeks. I stressed the importance of having this rifle in less than 8 weeks for an upcoming 3 gun match, and Mr. Miller ensured that he would “make it happen”. This was the only reason that I ordered this rifle through Lucy Creek Arms. Mr. Miller charged me MSRP from STAG’s website. I paid for the rifle in full and began my wait.
    After 6 weeks, I called Mr. Miller and inquired on the status of my order. He told me that he had not heard anything and that he would contact me after speaking to STAG.

On week 7 I left a message on Mr. Miller’s answering machine inquiring to the status of my order. I never received a call back.

On week 8 I left another message on Mr. Miller’s answering machine inquiring to the status of my order. This time Mr. Miller called me back and left me a really NASTY voicemail telling me not to bother him with my order, he has more important things to do than track down my rifle, and that he never told me that he could get my rifle in 5 – 8 weeks. I called STAG directly and asked them if they are having any back-order issues or if they were still waiting to fill any orders from March. The STAG representative could not release full details since I did not order the rifle directly, but he guaranteed me that all orders from March and April were filled and they were working on May orders.

On week 9 I called Mr. Miller and asked him to refund my money for the purchase and I was no longer interested in the rifle. Mr. Miller refused to refund my money and told me that the “upcoming election” was to blame for my slow order. I told him what the STAG representative had said, and he told me that he was going to contact STAG because they were “lying”. Mr. Miller called me back the next day and told me that my rifle would be shipped “next week” and I would have a delivery date within the next two weeks.

Mr. Miller never contacted me after that conversation. Thankfully I paid for the rifle with my credit card and I won the credit card dispute. My dispute agent contacted me to let me know that I won the dispute and that Mr. Miller could not provide any documentation that showed that he ever ordered my rifle. Apparently this has happened to several people. Just Google, “Lucy Creek Arms Reviews”.
    Texas SOT

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Wow. It's easy to find lots of complaints online. What gets me is the number of complaints to the BBB and the percentage that are not resolved. BBB complaints aren't necessarily easy to make go away but any business owner who is cavalier about them (to the point of simply not responding in at least one case) is, at minimum, too sloppy for me to do business with.

Thanks for the heads-up. When I'm travelling, I tend to swing into any gun shop whose sign catches my eye before I drive past. In this case, I won't bother.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    This is the 2nd complaint I've heard about Tim Miller. I want to say another was deleted due to language. I'll look into whether our site has any affiliation with him. I seem to think there was.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Lucy Creek Arms is a member here but only has one post as an introduction.

I have heard many complaints about his business practises. Like the OP I had a good first impression of Tim. It seems to end there. It sucks that he is located so close to me.

I won't do any business with him that is for sure.

Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    This is the 2nd complaint I've heard about Tim Miller. I want to say another was deleted due to language. I'll look into whether our site has any affiliation with him. I seem to think there was.

I was not aware that he is a member here nor was I trying to stir the pot. I am just trying to share an experience that I had so that other TGT members do not have to share the same experience.

I did not read any reviews about this shop prior to purchasing my weapon. Seemed like a really nice guy and I would rather support the local business owner than chain stores and Internet gun dealers.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IMO, what you presented was non-inflammatory and pretty detailed - and I think that is the kind of thing I and others take into careful consideration when we look at whom we might choose to do business with - so thanks!!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    IMO, what you presented was non-inflammatory and pretty detailed - and I think that is the kind of thing I and others take into careful consideration when we look at whom we might choose to do business with - so thanks!!

I decided to second TR's comment just to reinforce that this is the right way to present a problem situation - unlike so many others that just turn into rants.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012

+1, if you post something strictly calling someone out for being shady with no details that is one thing but in your situation and the fact that you included all the details was the proper way to go about it. Appreciate the heads up.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I definitely know you're not trying to stir the pot. After meeting you at Hicksville I can tell you are a level headed straight shooter. My point was that I know that Alan does not like having shitty sponsors. If any sponsor has questionable business practices, we want to know. And even if they're not a sponsor, we still want to know. Sorry to hear buddy.

I was not aware that he is a member here nor was I trying to stir the pot. I am just trying to share an experience that I had so that other TGT members do not have to share the same experience.

I did not read any reviews about this shop prior to purchasing my weapon. Seemed like a really nice guy and I would rather support the local business owner than chain stores and Internet gun dealers.

amg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Austin
    Tim Miller is still trying to rip people off huh. I had posted a review of him on another website and my experience was almost the same as the OP. Thank goodness I used a credit card otherwise I would had to fly from out of state and take Tim to small claims court. I was refunded $2500 for a rifle that was suppose to have been sent back to manufacturer and replaced with a new one. That never happened (the rifle being sent back for a replacement).

Here is my story:

Lucy Creek Arms Scam Report - Lucy Creek Arms Tim Miller did not deliver rifle as promised Internet

I just wanted to warn TGT members about a negative experience that I had with Lucy Creek Arms in Lampasas, Texas.

The owner Tim Miller appears to be a very nice person and makes a great first impression. I met him through a mutual friend (that recently also had a bad experience at Lucy Creek Arms). Mr. Miller is a very knowledgeable instructor and I learned a lot at his 1 day defensive handgun class back in April. His instructional classes are priced fairly competitively and instructed well.

Now the bad part….

In March I asked Mr. Miller to order a STAG Model 3 directly from the manufacturer. Mr. Miller ensured me that this order should take no more than 5 weeks. I stressed the importance of having this rifle in less than 8 weeks for an upcoming 3 gun match, and Mr. Miller ensured that he would “make it happen”. This was the only reason that I ordered this rifle through Lucy Creek Arms. Mr. Miller charged me MSRP from STAG’s website. I paid for the rifle in full and began my wait.
    After 6 weeks, I called Mr. Miller and inquired on the status of my order. He told me that he had not heard anything and that he would contact me after speaking to STAG.

On week 7 I left a message on Mr. Miller’s answering machine inquiring to the status of my order. I never received a call back.

On week 8 I left another message on Mr. Miller’s answering machine inquiring to the status of my order. This time Mr. Miller called me back and left me a really NASTY voicemail telling me not to bother him with my order, he has more important things to do than track down my rifle, and that he never told me that he could get my rifle in 5 – 8 weeks. I called STAG directly and asked them if they are having any back-order issues or if they were still waiting to fill any orders from March. The STAG representative could not release full details since I did not order the rifle directly, but he guaranteed me that all orders from March and April were filled and they were working on May orders.

On week 9 I called Mr. Miller and asked him to refund my money for the purchase and I was no longer interested in the rifle. Mr. Miller refused to refund my money and told me that the “upcoming election” was to blame for my slow order. I told him what the STAG representative had said, and he told me that he was going to contact STAG because they were “lying”. Mr. Miller called me back the next day and told me that my rifle would be shipped “next week” and I would have a delivery date within the next two weeks.

Mr. Miller never contacted me after that conversation. Thankfully I paid for the rifle with my credit card and I won the credit card dispute. My dispute agent contacted me to let me know that I won the dispute and that Mr. Miller could not provide any documentation that showed that he ever ordered my rifle. Apparently this has happened to several people. Just Google, “Lucy Creek Arms Reviews”.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    I have no affiliation with Lucky Creek Arms, or the OP. I have never shopped at Lucky Creek Arms, nor will I, as I have been hearing complaints about not filling orders since 09.

They seem to define CAVEAT EMPTOR.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This thread is now CLOSED. For future reference, if someone has a problem with a business and you are a newly registered or not yet registered person, it's best to contact site staff or an admin before registering just to post negative things about a business. It raises our suspicion when a newly registered person does this, as we have no idea who that person is and if their claims are legitimate. If anyone has anything they feel would be valuable to add to this thread, such as some personal experiences of their own with the company in question, please contact me through PM's and I can reopen the thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom